Cheap Car Insurance

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by fly_past, Nov 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How can I get my annual insurance costs of driving down.

Aged 40+
    Been driving 12 yrs
    2 claims from when some shit bags hit my car from 4 yrs and 1 yr ago
    I have no points on my licence
    Drive within tyhe speed limit

I have trawled the .com sites and been quoted £100's

Are there any other practical ways to reduce the cost -and yes I need a car, so I cant give it up just yet. :thumright:
  2. Try and

I found because they search lots of individual companies, the premiums were really good. Im 31, been driving 14 years, have no points or claims but also no NCB!! I was still getting great quotes on fairly sporty cars though!!
  3. Have you tried the Services Discount Booklet?

You can also get some good discounts via the AA/RAC, or you may get a deal with the manufacturer's own insurance company (eg Ford Insure, Vauxhall Insurance etc).

You could also train for membership of the Institute of Advanced Motorists and get a good discount from some insurance companies:

4. If you drive less than 6000 miles a year you can get pay as you drive insurance form Norwich Union. You can save alot of money with it.

Pay as you drive
  5. I get a really good deal from Endsleigh to say I'm a high risk driver in a high risk area. The quote online is free, Tesco aren't too bad either.
  6. I am a newish driver, fastish car and young and Tesco were by far the best. I got told at the dealer that Tesco tend to be the lowest.
  7. For bonza car insurance deals, girls get on to Shielas Wheels.

[video width=250 height=200][/video]
  8. I know all insurance companies are rip off merchants, but........ the cheaper the deal the wose the response when you need to claim.

9. Go to confused .com --they are about the best .
    You are getting hammered cos you have had two accidents in the three years ---------------so go third party for a few years . You can collect no claims with third party like normal . Also drive a banger heheh !!
    It happened to me ------the second accident I shouldn't have claimed for cos it was so cheap I couldve paid it myself.

:nemo: :nemo:
  10. something that might be worth a try is towergate wilsons... they're a finance company set up for forces personnel, and they try to be very competative, so i usually ring with the best quote i could find from the aa, etc and TW will always beat any quote... definately worth a try...