Chav parenting at it's best

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Merlin28, May 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. God the poor little boy, very irresponsible by the mum.

2. To be fair, at that age they can be a right pain in the arse. You have to ask who was to blame in this instance?

There is always a flip side to any story.

3. If only life were so simple.
    Babies can burn in a very short time even if they have a sunshade over them.
    Let's see what happens.

4. I understand that kids burn very easily but its still the mothers responsibility to but a tee-shirt on or something especially with this great weather we have been having. The kid doesn't understand that if he doesn't wear a tee-shirt he will become seriously ill, the mum has to look after him.

5. It's her holiday aswell. She can't watch it all the time, and really at that age they should know better.

6. It could be deemed irresponsible, or merely a near tragic mistake by a first-time mother.

Shouldn't be too long before the sandal wearing beardies from social services jump onboard.

7. And that's a bad thing?

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Could've been worse - the mum could've taken the kid on a hotel package holiday to Spain... :shock: :twisted:

9. There have been more social services 'dereliction of duty/serious shortcomings' stories than I care to shake a shitty stick at.

Never trusted them since I was sent to a kids home on the Isle of Wight.

10. I would not trust anyone who sent me to the ******** of the world either, I have had a better run ashore in Mogadishu.

11. Fair comment, but you are suggesting that they should not 'jump onboard' in this case. Would that not be a dereliction of duty or serious shortcoming?

12. Good point - However - I did not suggest that they would 'jump onboard' merely theorising that it may not be to long before they took an interest. By and large, I accept that they do a good job in difficult circumstances.

13. Before we condemn the mother perhaps we should wait for the outcome of the investigation. A better idea of what actually happened is needed, then if guilty of serious neglect you can all rip into her as amuch as you want :oops:

14. Ah, it's just sandals and beards you don't like! :thumbleft:

15. True slim, I agree one shouldn't take things at face value, and should always be suspicious of the press, but it is difficult to see how there wasn't a degree of negligence here.

True though - we don't know the whole story.

16. No, Guzzler, you are right - And where the hell was Jenny-Dabber's brother with his Calamine Lotion? Platform Five?

17. Afraid so - the 'Swordsman-in-Chief' at the kids home had a full set and sandals.

18. It's because the world isn't round, it's an oblique spheroid it's got lumps, and the bit the UK is on and particularly the south of the country is on a lump and closer to the sun or clouds.
    Thus you are very likely to get sunburned here and the lower clouds are one of the reasons the brits invented autoland systems for aircraft.
    I bet this mother didn't know that :lol:

19. She'd have got short shrift from the medics there, and shorter shrift from the police.
    Both the medical and police services are excellent but they don't tend to suffer fools gladly, it's really something very refreshing :lol: