Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by janner, Aug 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Thinking of going up to visit the Historic Dockyard (amongst other things) for a couple of days. Anyone know of any decent Hotels in the area?
  2. janner

Thanks scouse, looked good but full for the nights we want
  3. For a moment I thought Scouse had lost his marbles, musing on about the delights of Leeds castle.
    I worried for nothing though as he soon reverted to type enthusing about horse racing (always seemed to do Ok when he followed the Pig).:blob8:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  5. Try the King Charles in Gillingham, only a couple of miles from the Dockyard. Pembroke is now part of the University of kent but if you tell the chap on the gate you are an old matelot and want a look round they just let you amble at your own will
  6. janner

Thanks Trawlerboy, went for the Premier Inn in the end, King Charles had some mixed reviews. Thanks for the tip re Pembroke.
  7. Glad to be of some help !!! We had our reunion at the King Charles last year and whilst not the Ritz they looked after us really well, even managed to get an extra hour added to the bar as they were closing at midnight and I told the barmaid the clocks were going back so it was only 2300 (even though the clocks didnt go back till back at 0200 !!)