Chatham (Nore) Command Field Gun Crew

my old man Jim Adams ran the chatham field gun crew in 1954,just phone the old boy,and told him about this site and he told me he knew your dad,and told me of the other trainers,have you any photos of 1954 field gun crew ? thanks for your time,steve.

My dad was in the 1951 and 1952 run and I have great photos of the whole team and them in action at the Royal Tournament. The photos are heading to HMS Excellent for display in the museum but happy to send on to others if interested. I wonder if your dad knew mine, Christopher Munford, tall bloke known as Ginger (You're Barmy) for obvious reasons. Dad died 8 years ago.

My dad was in the 1951 and 1952 run and I have great photos of the whole team and them in action at the Royal Tournament. The photos are heading to HMS Excellent for display in the museum but happy to send on to others if interested. I wonder if your dad knew mine, Christopher Munford, tall bloke known as Ginger (You're Barmy) for obvious reasons. Dad died 8 years ago.
hi just got off phone to the old boy he told me Munford rings a bell,anyway sorry your dad has died, any chances of sending your photos of field gun crew via the internet as my dad would love to see them,thanks all best,

There's at least one member of the 1951 Chatham Field Gun crew who may remember. He's a member of the HMS Superb (Cruiser) Association and they have a Facebook page as well as a website at www.hmssuperb.co.uk If you go on the Facebook page make sure you look for the Cruiser site as there is a submariners one as well.

Yes I remember your dad very well,( Munford) so sorry that he has past on I would of loved to of met up with him again, I was with the 1951 Chatham team and ended up with two bones broken in my leg I will try to post a group picture of the 1951 team

Got sent this by a mate today and thought you might be interested... Chatham FGC running against the mighty Naval Air Command (might be able to workout my background) it was a postcard sent to my mates dad, who recently passed away and his brother sent it to him (also passed over the bar) enjoy!

Attachments

Liz,

My father in law, Ivor "Brigham" Young was also in the 1951 & 1952 runs and knew your father. Sadly he has also passed away.
I have copies of his 51 & 52 Royal Tournament certificates. Let me know if you would like copies.
Would it be possible for you to let me have copies of the photos you possess? My wife, his daughter, and our kids would love to see them.
If Eric Carmen has photos like wise could he send.
Thanks
John