chat room mod

Handler

War Hero
Thats just a cop out mate ! I have and do Mod in several places and it is a well known thing ---iggy buttons, thats if everyone uses it , are ok ; however a physical presence of a Mod --for example does have a better result. In short --if you cannot spare a Mod to be there--then you can't be elsewhere as well , never mind reading and editing posts that are often very relevant . Take a look in the chat room from time to time too--most Mods don't seem to know it exists even, or worried they will get hauled over the coals for some of their questionable decisions !!

D

Deleted 7

A few of us Mods do get into chat when we are able to, not all portals will allow you access to chat though. But we do try and get in when we can.

the_matelot

War Hero
Handler said:
Thats just a cop out mate ! I have and do Mod in several places and it is a well known thing ---iggy buttons, thats if everyone uses it , are ok ; however a physical presence of a Mod --for example does have a better result. In short --if you cannot spare a Mod to be there--then you can't be elsewhere as well , never mind reading and editing posts that are often very relevant . Take a look in the chat room from time to time too--most Mods don't seem to know it exists even, or worried they will get hauled over the coals for some of their questionable decisions !!

I was in there last night, Sat night and Friday night....

Deeps

War Hero
Well I am in there most nights, if not me tell''paveway_3'' and he will give me a shout. In the mean time use the ignore switch thats what its used for.

Handler

War Hero
Agreed --I have seen and spoken with you, lets put it down to the 'rub of the green' that nobody such as yourself happened to be there on the 2 nights that those interuptions occured! Otherwise --no doubt they would have been suitably warned and then kicked out! Keep the good work up lads---not always be dark at six !

slim

War Hero
It would seem that the chat room users would like a MOD for the chat room. I rarely use the chat room and the regular users can probably be counted on both hands.
Surely a sensible idea would be to see if one or two of them would be willing to be chat room MODs.
Or do they need to know the special handshake?

There are volunteers like Andy, the subject has been brought up before, but by reading the threads the Mods that post don`t seem to want one, are they afraid of something? Just give someone the buttons and see how it goes, two nights running there was no mod to be found.

A few thoughts:

We should be brave about the idiots - comments about crusty bottoms and the like aren't nice but worse things happen at sea ...

Use the ignore button - one night I even created another room but very few people came in

Sorry about this but why is it worse if the women are abused than the men ? True I wasn't a 'victim' probably because they didn't realise from my nick I was a woman but really ...

Like I say, next time we/you create another room and buzz off and leave them to it - end of problem. All the guys stayed to listen rather than blocking/buzzing off ... doh ...

D

Deleted 7

higthepig said:
There are volunteers like Andy, the subject has been brought up before, but by reading the threads the Mods that post don`t seem to want one, are they afraid of something? Just give someone the buttons and see how it goes, two nights running there was no mod to be found.

Ain't up to us, it's up to Bad_CO, we do not have this power to assign a Mod, only to suggest.