chat room mod

hmmmmm i think we would need a mod who would be willing to find people who like to do this and how to put it "deal with them", joking apart we would need some one whos in there most of the time and a hard nut so i would recommend 2 mod's, andy m and from the sounds of it nutty_bag

nutty_bag

War Hero
yozza1987 said:
hmmmmm i think we would need a mod who would be willing to find people who like to do this and how to put it "deal with them", joking apart we would need some one whos in there most of the time and a hard nut so i would recommend 2 mod's, andy m and from the sounds of it nutty_bag

And DO NOT forget bergs, never forget that man, man of steel and has the ability to make women swoon at the turn of his head. :D :lol:

I had forgot about bergs, dont tell him lol. but i do actually agree with hig, why don't we all be mods of the chatroom then when something like what has happened ever happens again the person can be thrown out and blocked permently

Bergen

ADC
nutty_bag said:
yozza1987 said:

And DO NOT forget bergs, never forget that man, man of steel and has the ability to make women swoon at the turn of his head. :D :lol:

Yes but only if the turn of your head is away from them :lol:

andym

War Hero
Last night was certainly not amusing.It was unfortunate that they couldnt be ejected as nobody there had that ability.We have brought this subject up before and it seems that this time the groundswell now is to have somebody that can eject wrongdoers.It may mean we need more than 1 Chatroom Killick so there is a high possibility of there being one in the room most nights.As with all things they are open to abuse but i would recommend that a simple rule is 1 yellow card regarding their behaviour second offence then they are banned for an appropriate time period.It works on my Car club site chatroom,so should do so here.

p.s. I dont mind giving it a bash,maybe we can do it on a kind of short term basis then swap to another Chatroom user?I just hope that we can avoid nights like last night.I'd like to take this oppertunity to thank The Matelot for his prompt action in answering my PM to him on ARRSE.

Handler

War Hero
Well as some of you may or may not know--most types of chat like the chat room are moderated, and Mods do have additional buttons etc, usually to tell the ISP and IP address, this can then be blocked for --in some cases 60 mins or 24 hours etc. Usually the IP --because banning the IPS curtails other users of that particular ISP from connecting and thus not excluding innocent users; some ISP's have coded masks that change at each connection, such as AOL. However Mods can 'kick' any offenders first --like a yellow card----then if persistant can ban.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
At the mo we know their usernames, there is nothing to stop them changing them and coming in again and again. Just ignore their BS and like all wanks they will get bored and go else where for their pathetic jollies. Hard to do but it is the only way, but a list of twatslike these cotrolled by a reliable type would be useful.
Might be worthwhile any ARRSE members/chatters comparing notes spreading the word about these two planks.
NZB