Chas Cooke - Why Should Britain Tremble?

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by skyvet, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm sure I've seen a reference to this book by Chas Cooke somewhere on the forum, but can't find it!
    Just wanted to say that I've just finished reading it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Many of the dits contained in the book brought back many funny memories of similar incidents in my own time in D/E boats, so if you get to read this Chas - cheers Oppo - nice one!
  2. Skyvet

I am awaiting a copy to arrive from Amazon so if you put how it finishes on these pages I will have to come along the Med and give you a serious slapping.

3. Nutty ...... what happens is .......... (as if I would!!)
  4. Skyvet

I don't know if you are interested or already know but a new RNA has opened in East Cyprus. ECp RNA.

I say this as I have just joined the RNA local to here in Spain, no SA exists.

Let you know about the book after it arrives.

5. if I come out there, maybe we could start our own (SA that is).
  6. In Torrevieja are current Deeps strength is 3. Not really enough even with you Jack.

7. In my ex servicemans club in Havant I'm the only one left. the rest are skimmers and army.
  8. Cheers for that info Nutty - I know a few members in the RNA, and they all enjoy being members. I've considered it, but at the mo I don't know how I'd fit it in. I'd probably make more of an effort if there was a SA attached. Hope you enjoy yours in Espana.
  9. Why should britain tremble , great book read it about twenty times still fall of the chair in stiches the wife thinks I crazy
  10. Ive read it and reading about my 10th time now. Its a good book because i hate reading but it kept me reading on because it was intresting