Chartered Engineer?

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Fighting_Sailor, Aug 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Ladies and Gents

    I am sat at my desk trying to plough my way through the IET application form to become a Chartered Engineer. Has anybody out there (preferably WE) already suceeded in this through the SARTOR 3 scheme? Could I crib your Competency Evidence pse. Obviously we will have done different jobs, but the career path will lend itself to a more or less common framework.


  2. Seadog

    Seadog War Hero Moderator

    Try the IMarEST website at

    Different institution but they have a very helpful page or two on what is required to demonstrate competence for various grades of membership and the EC registrations that may be appropriate. They may even be inviting WEs to join too now. Their post nominal letters are a bit of a pageful though. If you want neatness and economy (what engineer doesn't?) perhaps you should stick with the IET. :wink:
  3. FlagWagger

    FlagWagger Book Reviewer

    You could also go for pre-nominals by registering with FEANI once tyou've got your CEng through - in my civvy role I've got more letters before and after my name than I can shake a stick at!

    EurIng F L AgWagger MSc BSc CEng MIET MSaRS MSAE
  5. FlagWagger

    FlagWagger Book Reviewer

    Never! The RS in the case stand for Reliability and Safety, two attributes that I'd never apply to a sparker! :wink: :D

Share This Page