Charles & Camilla - marriage may be legally challenged..

Shakey

War Hero
Re: Charles & Camilla - marriage may be legally challeng

Always_a_Civvy said:
If Charles and Camilla can claim that preventing them from from marrying breaks human rights law then how can the government maintain the constitutional prohibition on a Catholic marriage? How can it justify having unelected clergy in the House of Lords mostly from the CoE? How can it justify the promotion of Christianity in state schools, which after all violates the human rights of non-Christian pupils? Let's hope a legal challenge is mounted and goes all the way to Strasbourg - it would need to, as the Courts will not interfere with the Monarchy. I suspect the outcome could be rather interesting - especially if the challenge were made on several fronts!

Are you some sort of Disestablishmentarian?

Personally, I'm an Anti-Disestablishmentarian.

(Hooray!!! For the first time in my life I've been able to use that word!! :lol: )

imom1406

War Hero

Shakey said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
If Charles and Camilla can claim that preventing them from from marrying breaks human rights law then how can the government maintain the constitutional prohibition on a Catholic marriage? How can it justify having unelected clergy in the House of Lords mostly from the CoE? How can it justify the promotion of Christianity in state schools, which after all violates the human rights of non-Christian pupils? Let's hope a legal challenge is mounted and goes all the way to Strasbourg - it would need to, as the Courts will not interfere with the Monarchy. I suspect the outcome could be rather interesting - especially if the challenge were made on several fronts!

I'm an Anti-Disestablishmentarian too...bugger this, i'm off to live in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch..

(Hooray!!! For the first time in my life I've been able to use that word!! :lol: )

Shakey said:
Always_a_Civvy said:

I can't even pronounce it Shakey let alone spell it! :lol:

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer

Shakey said:

I guess that makes you a believer of Anti-Disestablishmentarianism then.

Shakey said:

Ditto :lol:

The Royals could all appear on Big Brother plus a few other bods, a couple of RR inhabitents perhaps - bar the Queen - and the one remaining behind would become our next Head of State. That could be fun. I'd leave the TV switched off until it was all finished. :lol:

Latest Threads