Channel 5 - 'Submarine School' - Tuesday 21 June 2011 - 20:00

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Jun 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. ---bump---

3. Possibly the wrong choice of word when it comes to submarines :D

4. ---Bump!---

5. Good telly, nice ink on the teacher.

6. BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!! missed it

Available on "I Player"pheeewwww!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  7. Great show! Strongly recommend!

8. Lt Cdr 'English' Dan Martyn was chairman of the that qualified me as a submariner on the good Boat Soveriegn and as i passed he uttered the immortal words...

'welcome to the deep'

I will never forget that moment so it was good to see him on Perishers...

(even if he has whacked on the pounds)

9. I thought that as well....... Never ever saw a Skipper in my 12 years in the Andrew, with pictures :shock:

10. I've not shipped out with him or know him but, allegedly, he joined the RN as a Wtr

11. He did. He joined as a Writer in 1984 then went to BRNC in 1989.

12. Just a thought... but probably not with him joining as a scribes. He wouldnt be any relation to the late Lt. Cdr. Paul H. Perks RIP(Squadron CO) (RN) 801 Squadron Buccaneers HMS Victorious 64, who was killed whilst ejecting.

13. Question about Oily Wragg!!!!!!!...is it true??? that if you fail, or resign from Perishers. You can no longer serve in boats?? ps TUT TUT Oily would have been called Harry Wragg in my time ( as in the jockey!! who had the nickname of " The Head Waiter " as he rode his races from the front , and sat and still waited to win.

14. Scouse it is true that if you fail Perishers you don't go back on Boats - reason being that your career can't go any further if you've failed.

i was speaking to Cdr Jim Perks yesterday and yeah he did join up as a WTR

15. Im sailing tonight with the Silver Fox aka Pictures:-D

16. I watched this last night, one question to those in the know:

What the **** was the B&Q Hozelock reel all about?

In one shot you could clearly make out on of these lurking in the background:
    2422.jpg
    Surely cost cutting hasn't got so bad that we are using these for firefighting now?

;)