Channel 5 - Royal Navy Submarine Mission - 5th September 2011 - 2000 - HMS Turbulent

scouse

War Hero
Thought it was only Wafus, that disembarked, to a hotel!!! whilst in harbour????:-DIts not on you Sundodgers:laughing2:

Last edited:

scouse_B

Lantern Swinger
Being a diesel dinosaur and not a steam queen :thefinger:i have to say that i enjoyed the programme how ever coffin dreams :crazy: never came across any one in O boats having them, and I always had the coffin bunk in the fwd mess as it had its perks, like being forgotten about when every one was scrubbing out :sleepy2: wearing pirate rig was the norm, and showers were non existant :salut:, in fact from what I have seen of steam queens, the are more like under water skimmers, always in 8's living the life of luxury!! and correct me if you please didn't the captain say in the first episode say "I have the ship come below etc... I rest my case :laughing2:. Glad I left when I did don't think I would have liked serving in nukes but I am an old duffer :evil3:

fishhead

War Hero
One item caught my eye in last nights episode.Captains Rounds were made and it was stated that one of the reasons for them was "it was good for morale".Hmmm.....in the light of the tragedy aboard Astute it came to light that one of the reasons Donovan felt it necessary to try and murder his shipmates was that his part of ship had failed Captains Rounds not once but twice.On getting the third rescrub he declared himself pissed off and retired to his bunk.This led to his planned draft to RFA Cardigan Bay being cancelled.One unhappy bunny and we know the rest.

Stirling

Banned
One item caught my eye in last nights episode.Captains Rounds were made and it was stated that one of the reasons for them was "it was good for morale".Hmmm.....in the light of the tragedy aboard Astute it came to light that one of the reasons Donovan felt it necessary to try and murder his shipmates was that his part of ship had failed Captains Rounds not once but twice.On getting the third rescrub he declared himself pissed off and retired to his bunk.This led to his planned draft to RFA Cardigan Bay being cancelled.One unhappy bunny and we know the rest.

Think we all wanted to smack a senior rate at some time or other, never had thoughts of killing them though.

Kirkmania

Badgeman
If anyone was still interested in the series, it is avialable to watch on Youtube. Depending on where in the world you watch it, you may need a VPN like Hola VPN to watch it. Please Enjoy!

Last edited:

Kirkmania

Badgeman
^Nice try, shippers, but your links result in three of these:

View attachment 57421

BTW my country = England.
Thats not a problem, simply install a free VPN like Hola VPN and change the country to America and they will play for you. I have no idea why Youtube blocks viewing of a UK submarine tv documentary in the UK but allows it to be played abroad, but they do. I can assure you that what I say does work. I hope this helps you out.