Channel 5 - Royal Navy Submarine Mission - 5th September 2011 - 2000 - HMS Turbulent

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by adrian9901, Aug 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. New tv serries about Sub Deployment

Watch out for the New Royal Navy television series on Channel 5. Royal Navy Submarine Mission a 3 part series followhing HMS Turbulent on Deployment. Every Monday for three weeks starting 5 September at 8pm.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Channel 5:

"Royal Navy Submarine Mission

Series 1, Episode 1

The crew have their work cut out to get Turbs checked, loaded and ready to roll, in preparation for a mission that could see them stay underwater for 100 days."

Royal Navy Clip (Twitter)

Royal Navy - Royal Navy Submarine Mission - HMS Turbulent - Twitvid

Navy News:

"Join the 120 men on HMS Turbulent’s final deployment – courtesy of a three-part documentary series recording the submarine’s ten-month patrol east of Suez. Royal Navy Submarine Mission begins on Channel 5 on Monday September 5 at 8pm and, in time-honoured RN documentary tradition, follows various ‘characters’ aboard from CO Cdr Ryan Ramsey to engineer Dan Gardyne whose duties include unblocking the heads."

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  3. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Thanks for the heads-up.

4. Thanks from me, too.

5. I remember Ryan Ramsey when he was a part 3 on Opportune!!! I must be getting really old now!

6. Its frightening joined her Nov 82.

7. Turbs was my first T boat, joined her in 85 after Mechs course.

8. Left Oct 85. 4 months leave (in Oz)was on the books till Jan. Dolphin Feb 86.

Bet they carnt get 4 months leave these days.

9. Joined her Apr '89 left Nov '93 (ish) then outside. Only nuke I had.

10. You must have left as I joined. We went to Bremerhaven 2 weeks after I joined.

11. She sailed about 2-3 weeks after I left. Throught she went on a long one, never made any of the German jollies

12. It was a short run out, long enough for me to qual BSQ, EP and SDSR and back for Chrimbo. States running the following year plus broke down and stuck at Cocoa Beach for 3 months......what a bummer!!

13. Bastard...........

14. It was hard work actually Topstop. Denny's for breakfast :hungry:, ABC Liqour Lounge for lunch, pool parties in the afternoon :eek:ccasion9: and then on to the Inner Rooms:tiesto: and all on subsistance. Luckily I was a back aftie so I was duty every third day so I could have a rest :-D

15. Oz had its attractions

16. Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  17. SubmarineMission.jpg

18. Left it in 1994.
    Left *The Three Ferrets" about two days later.
    Left the Navy.
    Should be fun watching this, yelling at the TV screen about how it SHOULD be done.
    Then again I'll probably just keep me gob shut.

19. Chanel 5 Royal Navy Submarine Mission

New Royal Navy television series on Channel 5. Royal Navy Submarine Mission Following HMS Turbulent on Deployment. Every Monday for three weeks starting 5 September at 8pm. :)

20. My wife has a number of Chanel bottles in the bedroom - I did not realise they had one called Turbulent, a scent unlikely to catch on I would have thought!