Channel 5 - Monster Moves - HMCS Onondaga

Dicky

Lantern Swinger
Re: Channel 5 - Monster Moves - 2000 tonight

Nice work moving the Onandaga, saw her in Gib in the mid sixties, what about her sister the Ojibwa ?? Anyone heard owt ??

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer

Amazing effort and fascinating film. I was surprised they didn't plan on using the Canso Gut from the start and plan to warp the boat from both sides (like Panama) rather than only use tugs. But I guess they knew best. Hope they have funding for the rest of it including cleaning theboat up and preserving the hull and setting up all the exhibit stuff. Can't help feeling that the site is a bit out of the way for the general Canuck public.

Seaweed said:
Amazing effort and fascinating film. I was surprised they didn't plan on using the Canso Gut from the start and plan to warp the boat from both sides (like Panama) rather than only use tugs. But I guess they knew best. Hope they have funding for the rest of it including cleaning theboat up and preserving the hull and setting up all the exhibit stuff. Can't help feeling that the site is a bit out of the way for the general Canuck public.
lol....a bit out of the way.....understatement...oh well any Americans who show up in Rimouski will probably think it's a captured U Boat...

The Ojibwa and Okanagan are still rotting away alongside in Dartmouth... :cry:

Can't believe Halifax couldn't have done this, big old spot down by Shearwater, would have been perfect....at least someone took the effort to do this...all the best to them... 8)