Channel 5: February 7th 2011: "Royal Navy Caribbean Patrol - HMS Manchester"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Feb 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  2. Don't forget to watch this programme this evening, could prove interesting if they tell all the stories from the Manchester deployment to the Windies!!

3. bump - on now
  4. Absolutely outrageous, where have all the officers with the plummy, overly fake\false "Home Counties accents" gone? What a difference from when I served back in the 80's and 90's.
  5. Yeah; but don't those rounders caps with the genuine RN logos on the side look well hard! Also, how kool man was that Aston Martin chair the boss fellah has?
  6. Very good first episode, Did i hear that, untidy scrote, tell the Killick of the Mess to Foxtrot Oscar???? Naughty Naughty
  7. My bold

Thought was a touch of class.
    I recall a dit ref the Manchester from the 80s whereby the Old Man relieved the BM\QM, put the ship in bridge mode and took the ship for a spin through the English Channel.

Looking forward to next weeks episode.
  8. Sorry I missed it - is it being repeated at some other time in the week does anyone know?
  9. Just realised I can watch it online from the Ch5 website as linked by Soleil at the start of this thread.
  10. What's the matter with modern matelots?

Mechanical problems force the ship to go alongside in Curacao and THEY'RE DRIPPING!!

Bleddy PFKs!
  11. Ahhhh,broken freezer,every non S&S matelots dream for about three days!!!
  12. I thought that was odd too. OhNOES the engines are busted, dang 1 week alongside getting tats and pissed and perhaps a bit a lady trapping......OH nOES....Fridge is fucked lets have a **** off BBQ....

Spose it pays off for all the hard work, tho im not sure the stokers thought so.

13. Next Episode Tonight:

"High Winds and Savage Seas"

"Hurricane season is in full swing. The crew of HMS Manchester is on urgent storm alert, ready to respond to the needs of Caribbean islanders who have been stricken by killer winds. HMS Manchester visits as many of the islands as possible to reassure the people that help will be at hand in case of disaster".

Episode 4: High Winds and Savage Seas | Royal Navy Caribbean Patrol | Channel 5
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  14. Next Episode Tonight:

"Mission of Mercy"

"HMS Manchester is in Barbados when news comes in that a massive hurricane has smashed the island of St Lucia, located just 100 miles away. The ship's company is immediately recalled from the pubs, clubs and bars and the British vessel leaves on a mercy mission to the stricken island. Within hours, she is first on the scene of terrible devastation".

Episode 5: Mission of Mercy | Royal Navy Caribbean Patrol | Channel 5