Channel 4 Series - Could you be a spy?

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by minnowfilms, Jun 8, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I have permission from a site admin (Bad CO) to post in here.

I work for Minnow Films, a multi–award winning independent production company based in London. We make a wide range of films across different subjects, including last year’s Channel 4 series SAS: Who Dares Wins. Please visit our website:

We are currently producing an exciting new series for Channel 4 (fully commissioned) about the recruitment and training process involved in becoming a spy, in which we will explore the type of person it takes to serve the UK under cover.

We are looking for a group of 20 ordinary men and women to attempt a course based on the real recruitment and training phases of Britain’s Intelligence Services.

The course will be as close to the real thing as possible and will immerse the candidates in a world of risk and intrigue.

If you think you might have what it takes, or for more information, please visit to download the application form.

Thanks and hopefully hear from some of you soon.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You may like to post this on the Potential Royal Marines Commando forum also (I'm site admin, so you're good to go):
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Of course, anyone actually aspiring to hold a DV and gain a job in intelligence (military or not) would be wise not appearing on a reality tv show about pretend spies.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

What if you are sent deep into enemy territory like Bradford, Blackburn or Burnley. Do you get danger pay and a luxary spa weekend to remove the camouflage?
  5. I'm over qualified.

I was a Cold War submariner.........
  6. Thats two of us then, who's the third man though ;)
  7. Harry Lime ;) *

*(not harry limers)
  8. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

A Walt's Charter....:eek: Worth watching for the Theatre of the absurd....
  9. Crazy stuff. We used to use it to clean out tea urns. Christ knows what was in it!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. We used a strong mix to clean the evap heat exchangers. 24 hour soak in limers cleaned them like new. Funny how it got banned in the end ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It had OM33 in it when we were drinking it in the turret while fixing a hydraulic leak on top of the gun cradle.
    We had a bucket of the stuff and didn't notice some of the oil had run down the side of the cradle, slowly dripping into the limers. we finally twigged when it began to taste a bit slimy...:oops:
    • Like Like x 2