Channel 4: March 15th: 2100: "Heston's Mission Impossible"

it was filmed on Turbs..and Heston did little or actually NO cooking whilst on Turbs...
he brought his scran down from home and served it onboard...

Hopefully if nothing else it will give Joe public some idea of how little money the chefs and logs guys have to work with
I think someone in the documentary about Manchester's Windies deployment said the victualling allowance was currently £2.34 per head per day but I could have misheard. The larger the ship's company, the smaller the amount.

N_G, you are either right, or damn close to it. I saw that too in the windies programme. Quite amazing realy. I heard Prisons have more to spend than that but I aint seen an article on it anywhere so might be hearsay

It looks like Army-style Rat Packs or US MREs (Meals-Ready-to-Eat... although other words are frequently used!) could be on the menu in future. I'm not sure how this would go down (geddit?) but look forward to watching the programme.

JagerGirl

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
I think someone in the documentary about Manchester's Windies deployment said the victualling allowance was currently £2.34 per head per day but I could have misheard. The larger the ship's company, the smaller the amount.
That's pretty close AFAIK. Hospital patients have £2.80 per head per day, prisoners get on average £4.50 per head per day. I won't say what I think as it will probably end up in a warning or a ban :(