changing a bank account

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by loops, Aug 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just tried to apply to open a new bank account but, and this may sound stupid, i don't have a clue what to put down for employer/employer address. can anyone plz advise? thank you
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Dunno. Who do you work for?! 8O
  3. If you're in the RN, put Royal Navy, Queen St, Portsmouth. It's what I've always put and it's on your ID card (it used to be anyway, mine isn't to hand at the mo). Failing that, put the address of your current unit.
  4. Hey Loops, do you have an employer? If not get Mummy to open one for you.
    Jesus H Christ, we`re moving into finance now, how old are you by the way? Please tell me that you are still at school.
  5. Pls check your PMs (Inbox)
  6. ok some rather stuck up responses there! i'm in the RN, been serving for a while but I've never had to list my employer credentials for anything since serving. i've opened numerous bank accounts, had loans etc. thought my question was perfectly respectable.

thanks grubber, will take a look at my ID card
  7. It begs the question, that if you have opened numerous Bank Accounts, why do you need more? How many bank accounts do you need? Or are they closing you down, sorry, but i find the question in the light of your last post extremely odd.
  8. should it matter how many bank accounts i've opened? that surely is none of your business. this is getting silly and personal, all i asked was a pretty simple question and only 2 people have managed to respond in a mature manner
    grubber, had a look at my ID card but there's no address other than the one you would return it to if you found the card
  9. Does your job in the Navy involve sharp objects? cos you must be as sharp as a billiard ball. I can't believe this question
  10. If you are in the Royal Navy and do not know who your employer is, then there really is no hope, have you thought about this? or is it a bite? It is possible to open another account with the BANKS that you are with, I know that It`s none of my business how many Bank Accounts that you have, but you are the ****** that asked this highly intelligent question.
  11. Check with your UPO, but it used to be AFPAA Centurion, Gosport, as they hold your pay details. They're possibly now SPVA.

Although it does beg the question, why not look at a pay statement...
  12. Hi,

I have always used the following address for anything like this:-

MoD Main Building,
    SW1A 2HB

Hope this helps

Neil - Supermario

13. thanks for all the help.

as for higthepig, when u finish getting the stick out that's so far gone up your own ar$e, maybe you'll actually answer the question in a less than condescending way like most of the other ppl in this thread. ppl like you, were and still are in my eyes, considered nothing more than BULLIES. this forum is here to help ppl not to make them feel like a sack of $h*t!!!

14. ...Hig, you've upset the lad!!! ^_^;
  15. Where does it say that?

If you demand answers why don't you have the courtesy to communicate in English?

Here's the toilet paper...oh sorry, do you want me to do it for you?
  16. Then why ask a ******** question like yours, got no friends on board?, no pay office? No DO? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus, if this is bullying then God knows how your mind works.
  17. I've had a few Bank accounts myself Hig. No dark secret to it, I just go with the best package on offer (Overdraft rates, interest rates, savings/ISA's etc). It's a little previous to assume that someone is in financial trouble because they've had a few accounts, whereas they might be just want to get more out of their money. It's easy to jump to the wrong conclusion when there may be a more simple answer.
  18. Sorry, i made no assumption that he was in financial trouble, changing bank accounts would have made no difference to that, i just found it odd, but like i said in my last post, has he no mates, no pay office or no DO? If he did`nt want to look a pratt onboard, then he has certainly done that on here, in my opinion.
  19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Time for another HTP flounce... :roll:
  20. Ah poor diddums, send for the joss man and report this abhorrent case of bullying.

FFS grow up you wimp :pukel: