Changes to Selection Weekend ??

Discussion in 'RMR' started by miffta, Jun 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I ve been attending Holding troop at Livdet since it started in April. Ive been doing as much training as i can Mainly based around the USMC circuits, Believing that this is one of the Integral tests in Selection weekend..

HOWEVER! Yesterday in holding troop The PTI informed us that the USMC is no longer a part of the Selection weekend. Does anyone know if this is true and if so what the selection weekend now involves?..
    Thanks for any info, also thanks for reading.

2. To my knowledge mate althought the USMC tests are old hat, the new version is very similar (RMFA - Royal Marines Fitness Assesment).

Press Ups - 2 mins (60)
    Sit ups - 2 mins (85)
    Over arm pull ups (18)
    VO2 Max (Bleep) test

Also expect the Swim test and a 3-4 mile cross country run, designed to make you push yourself to the limit. More about showing how much you want it, rather than how fit you are.

3. Baby Spen, please telll us that you are that fit?

4. Actually sorry. I forgot had moans. It was just alll that spenny and exercise stuff?? Have contacted work and if you are available for a poster...

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Before you break yourself, pass/fail criteria:

Sit-ups(knees together) 60-80
    Press-ups(close-arm) 40-60
    Pull-ups (back-handed,thumbs-out) 6+

3 mile run- squad 1.5mile outward 11mins 30secs, free run-back 10:30.

Swim 40 metres breaststroke

VO2 Max- at least 10.5+

If you meet those criteria with regard physical fitness you should pass selection. End of.

6. Piece of piss!!!

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It is for those that can!

I couldn't be arsed myself. (Honest)

8. Honest Ninja!

9. Even as a 49 year old I can do that..
    Problem is I then wake up.......

10. Well that doesn't seem too bad actually.
    60-80 sit-ups is easy.
    doing 60 close arm press ups in one wack could be quite difficult. Does it have to be done all in one go? or can you pace yourself over the 2 mins?
    6+ pull ups seems too easy. Perhaps they will make you pull and hold there for a while.

As for the running. Well, running always seems to be the hard part. For a long time now i have been running 2 miles each evening. But tomorrow i will mark out 1.5 miles and see how quick i can do it without killing myself.
    11.30 as a team? thats really not that much slower than whats required for your 'best effort'.
    40 meters breastroke? not even two laps. Are you forced to do breastroke or can you just get it over with quick with freestyle?

Bleep test? not sure how it will go. Never done one. Used to do 'shuttle runs' loads at rugby practice though. it is the same thing right?

11. HI Lillelj i dont know if you have heard of the website :walk: MapMyRun.com :walk: if not you should tryt it.. It's very handy for working out your running distances, it's also very accurate & good fun just for looking at stuff in your area.

12. Absolutely babe - although my pull ups are farking terrible just now!! I max out at 10 if I do them correctly. No dramas with the rest though! :thumright:

13. Cheers m8. Thats quite a handy site that. :)

14. Oh feck? I am not impressed with anything less than 11?

15. I'll get my coat!! :bootyshake:

16. Kinell spen i thought you were out of nappies at 30?? perhaps a little fetish thing you have going with the missus. :thumright:

17. quote]

Kinell spen i thought you were out of nappies at 30?? perhaps a little fetish thing you have going with the missus. :thumright:[/quote]

Mate Im trying, but I still need a bedtime nappy. Especially after a few wets with the boys!! :thumright:

18. Mate Im trying, but I still need a bedtime nappy. Especially after a few wets with the boys!! :thumright:[/quote]

Some people pay good money for that sort of thing mate!!! :thumright:

19. Some people pay good money for that sort of thing mate!!! :thumright:[/quote]

Damn - I knew I was in the wrong line of work!!

Actually I think Ive found my calling in life mate. A few chicks I know hired a naked butler at the weekend for a hen party. £80 and hour to swan about in the buff having women spank your arrse? Cant be a bad way to make a living!! :thumright:

20. Damn - I knew I was in the wrong line of work!!

Actually I think Ive found my calling in life mate. A few chicks I know hired a naked butler at the weekend for a hen party. £80 and hour to swan about in the buff having women spank your arrse? Cant be a bad way to make a living!! :thumright:[/quote]

Hey mate, cant be any worse than lifting fat biffers down flights of stairs. "Did you order a taxi with blue flashing lights madam, there you go, would you like a nice warm blanket"?? Kinell, still sitting at home wallowing in self-pity with a bad back thanks to those twunts!! What a biff!!

NB