Change of service in training

I’m currently in Royal Marine Recruit Training (phase 2) and I’m pretty decided that the life of a commando and combat soldiering isn’t really for me. I love the military and the culture, but I’m really not enjoying the specifics of a Royal Marines job.
Before I applied, I was torn between the navy as an engineer or Royal Marines. I’ve made my mind up that I’d be much happier in the Navy now.

my question is, is there any way I can apply transfer straight over to start navy basic training or is it a total reapplication?

soleil

War Hero
OR

I've asked Ninja Stoker to take a look at your question. Ninja was a RN Careers Advisor for many years and he will know the best way to proceed.

If he is able to respond, it will probably be tomorrow or Sunday, so don't worry if you don't see anything immediately.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I’m currently in Royal Marine Recruit Training (phase 2) and I’m pretty decided that the life of a commando and combat soldiering isn’t really for me. I love the military and the culture, but I’m really not enjoying the specifics of a Royal Marines job.
Before I applied, I was torn between the navy as an engineer or Royal Marines. I’ve made my mind up that I’d be much happier in the Navy now.

my question is, is there any way I can apply transfer straight over to start navy basic training or is it a total reapplication?
As long as you are fully fit (ie: not carrying any training injuries or in Hunter Company undergoing rehabilitation) it's entirely possible to transfer 'in service',

You need to have a chat with the PSO in CTC. Bear in mind there maybe a wait to get a training place and if it's excessively long, you may have to PVR (if less than 26 weeks served) & re-apply.

Be prepared to start Raleigh, week 1 day 1 but certainly ask the question whether you can transfer into phase 2 ET(ME) training. It's the branch manager's call but very often the default is day1 purely because the question wasn't asked. Be aware also you may need to re-sit the recruit test if your intial test score is below the threshold for ET(ME).

Good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Speech: Race to change the face of the diplomatic civil service MoD News 0
F NON CHANGE OF UY/SUY SERVICE NUMBERS ON ENTRY TO BRNC The Fleet 40
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Slovakia: August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Governor of Gibraltar: June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Businesses to save up to £300 million annually thanks to Climate Change Agreement scheme extension MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extemporaneous products: temporary change of supply MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Democratic Republic of Congo - April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SQP retailer premises: temporary change of premises MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterinary practice premises: temporary change of premises MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change to Plan 1 Interest Rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS VE Day commemorations to change to protect veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy Chisinau announces a call for proposals: climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC urges people to prepare for Capital Gains Tax payment change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Mexico commit to collaboration on climate change and trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lt Gen Richard Nugee to lead MOD's climate change policy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government funding creates Newport-based centre of excellence to tackle climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Bulgaria - August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ensuring genuine change and implementation of commitments in South Sudan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Climate change, the challenge of our time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid helps Scots tackle climate change ahead of Glasgow climate summit MoD News 0
L Transferring Roles (NSI or BOP Change) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Climate change: risks and opportunities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Costa Rica & to the Republic of Nicaragua in October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of British High Commissioner to Trinidad and Tobago in July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Hungary in September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO press release: Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Morocco - September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC announces change to the off-payroll working rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO press release: Change of British High Commissioner to India - Spring 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO press release: Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Niger - March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change to policy when accounting for balances of estates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Jordan, April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO press release: Change of British High Commissioner to Tonga - February 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Email change to improve customer security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Improving security situation in Pakistan leads to change in UK Travel Advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environmental bodies set joint vision to tackle climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change to China Travel Advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Mali - February 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK satellites to help lead the fight against climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Uruguay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Denmark - August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Ambassador to Qatar - February 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Ambassador to the Republic of Ecuador - November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of British High Commissioner to Samoa - December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Australia team up to use space technology to protect Pacific from climate change and natural disasters MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of British High Commissioner to Fiji: Richard Morris MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Powering Past Coal: working together to combat climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government backs next generation of scientists to transform healthcare and tackle climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Saudi Arabia: Neil Crompton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Duke and Duchess of Cambridge witness the impact of climate change in northern Pakistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM to chair new Cabinet Committee on Climate Change MoD News 0