Change from Officer to Rating

Hi,

Currently a officer (UTS) knocking around. But I ain't happy with the job at all. And don't like being called sir all the time and having folks apparently trusting in my skills (they shouldn't, they don't really trust at all).

Can I transfer from an officer to a rating? Is that a good idea. I want a practical job actually doing stuff. Actually being useful to the ship? Would go AE I reckon.

Thoughts?

Waspie

War Hero
Hi,

Currently a officer (UTS) knocking around. But I ain't happy with the job at all. And don't like being called sir all the time and having folks apparently trusting in my skills (they shouldn't, they don't really trust at all).

Can I transfer from an officer to a rating? Is that a good idea. I want a practical job actually doing stuff. Actually being useful to the ship? Would go AE I reckon.

Thoughts?
My 'thoughts'. Not opinions and certainly not meant to offend in any way!!

To be brutally honest. If you don't trust your self as an officer what makes you think you will be trusted as a rating!!! It's all horses for courses. Maybe you're simply in the wrong job!

Try a little faith in your abilities. As for the 'sir' bit. Goes with the territory. Never like being called PO or Chief but you don't notice it in the end.

Can you transfer from officer to rating? Are you already commissioned? I take it UTS is University Training Squadron. Or is that a wrong assumption?

No Bullshit here!

Untrained strength I mean for UTS. Yes to commissioned

And I do basically trust in my abilities, just need a change of role and no officer branch transfers (from warfare) look ideal. Want to be in the RN just not current job.

Heard of anyone going rating from officer?

Alfacharlie

War Hero
No Bullshit here!

And I do basically trust in my abilities, just need a change of role and no officer branch transfers (from warfare) look ideal. Want to be in the RN just not current job.

Ha ha ha ha.
Bite.

Waspie

War Hero
No Bullshit here!

Nope, but I have been out a very long time and things have changed a lot since then!!

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Probably more important that people can trust your skills as a rating as you are the person actually sorting the engine/ship/aircraft/gpmg/wren/whathaveyou

Latest Threads