Chances of passing my medical?: previous mental health

c803401

Hi,

By June 2021, over a year and a half from now, I will have graduated with a Business and Management (BA) degree. Upon graduation I would like to join the Royal Navy as a logistics officers. In terms of my fitness and medical I believe I would pass, other than I have previous mental health on my records.

Most recently, in May of this year (2019) I took an overdose and self harmed. I have never done this before but it was all due to a mixture of grief, living situation [abusive], lack of sleep, exhausation and financial problems. I was on medication from May till July but came off as they did nothing for me other than make me feel zombie-like. I have now recovered, quite quickly, and my living situation is much better. I wonder if this alone would be a barrier of entry into the navy?

Then about 4 years ago, I was put on an anti-anxiety, which I was on for about 6 months. I was a bit of a party boy / street drinker in my teens. I suddenly stopped and doctor suggested I go on a anti-anxiety to help me with this. And when I was 14, so 8 years, I was taken to the GP by my parents as they caught me doing solvents & so I think this would be on my medical records.

I've also never been diagnosed with any mental health condition.
I still have a degree to finish, which will be done with nearly two years away from now. I am wondering if anyone knows would these things would stop me joining once I have finished my degree?

Thanks for any help

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
;Have a look in the search box, there's lots in there about waiting times following depression etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R TMU for past bout of depression, what are my chances? Joining the Royal Navy 11
MoD_RSS UK Government further boosts chances of UK receiving COVID-19 vaccine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government further boosts chances of UK receiving COVID-19 vaccine MoD News 0
L Medically discharged at Raleigh - chances of rejoining? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Accelerated Apprentice Selection Chances Joining the Royal Navy 2
E AA ET/ME Recruitment chances Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Have I messed up my chances of joining? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
TechFin The Chances of becoming an officer with only A-levels? The Fleet Air Arm 19
S Medical board chances of being discharged after just having an op Blogs 1
John the Baptist Are the chances of getting taken on as a biomedical science trainee good or sheit? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Onestep Chances of comando aricrew The Fleet Air Arm 36
P 53yo female-= what's the realistic chances of being able to join RFA 7
J Chances of becoming lightning II pilot? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
southernbhoy96 Asthma chances need advice Health & Fitness 10
A Chances Of Selection Into BRNC for Pilot Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 51
C Medical chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
B F-35 Pilot chances? The Fleet Air Arm 18
ISeeThreeShips Better Chances Of Getting Back In If You've Previously Served? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
I Chances of Getting Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
J Selection Interview Success !!! Realistic chances of a commission ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B What the chances? RFA 4
N Realistically - what are my chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
O Fleet Air Arm chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Ninja_Stoker How improve your chances of joining the Royal Navy - quicker than the rest. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Chances of changing from Warfare GS to Aircrew? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
P So many Newbies..Whats our chances??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
trelawney126 New Blow to Bliars chances of becomming EU President Current Affairs 15
T Wreath Claim - Has Boris scuppered chances of becoming PM The Gash Barge 3
GuyC What are my chances!? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
B could acute sciatica hinder my chances Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
B What are my chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
L leaving it late-what are my chances Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
D Want to join, but worried about a prescription and passing medical? Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS News story: Alert for charities operating in Syria or Turkey about aid passing through the Bab Al-Hawa crossing MoD News 0
T Passing Out Parade Video Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 10
K Will debt stop me from passing the security clearance? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Repulse Passing out in 1911 History 1
A Are the group photos when passing out of Raleigh, mandatory? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 83
B HMS Raleigh summer break and passing out dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S How to attending boyfriends passing out ceremony Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
T Passing out parades Blogs 5
H Any idea for PRNC dates after passing fitness test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
PedlarP Passing of CPO1 Shane Irvine Submariners 0
L BRNC Passing out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D passing out parade Nearest & Dearest 5
H Ready to start training on 3rd Oct 2015 after passing all medicals fitness etc but had a call 3 week Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
J Phase 2 passing out HMS Sultan. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
J Passing out parades. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R RFA Passing-out parade??? RFA 25
G Passing out parade Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7