Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Champion the Wonder Lasagne! Champion the wonder Lasagne!

Flagdeck

War Hero
Take a guess what I've got for a Night Shift microwave meal.
Go on.........have a guess.

FSA orders tests of processed beef after horsemeat is found in Findus lasagne | World news | guardian.co.uk

I'm writing to complain about this! I went into Morrisons this afternoon and purchased
2 x FINDUS 24 packs of Horse Fingers....and I've discovered that they're full of FISH!

I was looking forward to my horse I was.

Neigh lad, neigh.............how come you got saddled with that?

BillyNoMates

War Hero
If it don't fit in the Microwave.
Adapt. Improvise. Overcome.

When I've knowingly eaten horse (mainly in Italy) I've quite liked it, what's all the fuss about, is it because it's wrongly labeled or is it because its horse?

Topstop

War Hero
When I've knowingly eaten horse (mainly in Italy) I've quite liked it, what's all the fuss about, is it because it's wrongly labeled or is it because its horse?

Because of certain drugs that can be used on horses but not on cattle. These can be accumulative and toxic in humans. I assume, and assumption is the mother of all fuck ups, that horses intended for human consumption are clear of these drugs for a certain period of time before slaughter, If you dont know the beasts history you dont know what crap has been pumped in to it.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Ginsters have been wrapping pastry around roadkill for fucking years, and it don't seem to put the Cornish folk off their food however if if I want horsemeat for scran - I'd like the manufacturers to annotate the box #WARNING! May contain fucking large traces of horse#

OMM

War Hero
Ginsters have been wrapping pastry around roadkill for fucking years, and it don't seem to put the Cornish folk off their food however if if I want horsemeat for scran - I'd like the manufacturers to annotate the box #WARNING! May contain fucking large traces of horse#

Large traces being 100%

The front of the box says 'deep filled beef lasagne'.... Haa

0G1N

Lantern Swinger
Because of certain drugs that can be used on horses but not on cattle. These can be accumulative and toxic in humans. I assume, and assumption is the mother of all fuck ups, that horses intended for human consumption are clear of these drugs for a certain period of time before slaughter, If you dont know the beasts history you dont know what crap has been pumped in to it.

That's why I feel a little horse and no not in that way

BillyNoMates

War Hero
".......and coming up on the outside is Burger King Boy, with Macdonalds Wanderer trying valiantly to gain ground. In third, we have the odds-on favourite Tesco Flyer who likes this type of going,but Lidl Lad and Findus Warrior are still in with a chance - and at the back of this leading group is Morrisons Meat Counter closely followed by Sainsburys Sausages............"

Last edited:

finknottle

Banned
Why destroy these products, much better business to sell them off at half price. Other than it's not what it says on the tin I don't see any problem as they are not a threat to human health; so they say.

Last edited:

0G1N

Lantern Swinger
Some are not bothered some are, but I bet we have all been at one time or another ratarsed and had a Kebab, what the shagging hell sort of meat is it, but who cares its great when shitfaced, here horsey horsey

flymo

War Hero
Some are not bothered some are, but I bet we have all been at one time or another ratarsed and had a Kebab, what the shagging hell sort of meat is it, but who cares its great when shitfaced, here horsey horsey

Quite possibly 14 year old Charlene Downs if you got it in Blackpool ..... :pissedoff:

flymo

War Hero
Being sensible for a moment but why have the food agencies started to do DNA testing of the food now? Is this a normal practice or has someone given someone the wink?
And does this practice of using cheaper cuts of meat have anything to do with the governments secret hush hush plan of pressurising the food industry to keep food as cheap as possible to placate the people? (oops, I didn't type that someone has taken over my computer ... and probably my mind too).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Nigel Topping appointed UK High Level Climate Action Champion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HRH Duke of Cambridge and football legends champion mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Housing Minister announces new champion for modern housebuilding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Commonwealth will champion free trade in face of growing global challenges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS LLWR names its first Menopause Champion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Midlands Engine Champion Robert Jenrick backs the Midlands from the heart of government MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed forces champion for London announced as updated Veterans’ housing report published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Tree Champion reappointed to continue tree planting push MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A New Champion for Mobile and Broadband Customers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Jeremy Hunt appoints roving Human Rights Ambassador to champion human rights across the globe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Dr Edward Day appointed as Drug Recovery Champion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Food Waste Champion rallies major players to ‘Step up to the Plate’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Liam Fox appoints security expert to champion British cyber firms overseas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Liam Fox launches new export champion community MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New ambassadors to champion green action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New ministerial champion to back jobs, growth and opportunity in Salisbury MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Gove appoints Food Waste Champion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Mastercard and MOD join forces to champion employment of ex service personnel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government commits £12 million to champion freedom of Religion or Belief worldwide MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister: "Northern Ireland's businesses are champion exporters" MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe to champion UK-Spain ties at annual talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Amanda Spielman at the 'Wonder Years' curriculum conference MoD News 0
Waspie US wonder why they have shootings!!! Diamond Lil's 6
BillyNoMates Before Wonder Woman there was.... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
exJenny Wonder if they'll inter, cremate or... Diamond Lil's 5
wet_blobby They wonder why we call them Pongos..... Diamond Lil's 11
scouse Wonder which Sir has sponsored this race at Devon and Exeter today Diamond Lil's 1
D Wonder if this will catch on in the RN? Diamond Lil's 13
J I wonder if she likes it doggy style... Diamond Lil's 4
BusterQuin Stevie Wonder in Japan Miscellaneous 0
Rumrat I wonder. Diamond Lil's 6
thereverend Champex and other wonder drugs... Health & Fitness 27
Rumrat I Wonder After Afghanistan and the gulf? Diamond Lil's 7
soleil Scotsman (Opinion): "No wonder Jack Tar's jolly ......" Current Affairs 0
Ja5on I wonder how long he will have the piss taken out of? Diamond Lil's 0
trelawney126 No Wonder I'm So Knackered Diamond Lil's 4
chockhead819 Wonder why this didn't make the news Current Affairs 11
chieftiff I wonder what has changed in 30 years? Current Affairs 11
C I wonder if anyone could help me. RMR 8
bigbaddog F-15 (One-Wing Wonder) Diamond Lil's 37
N Royal sprog on the way - wonder who the father is? Diamond Lil's 21
creddly I Wonder How SnapDragon's Doing... The Gash Barge 22
Skunkmiester I wonder how many days nine's for this? Diamond Lil's 10
sgtpepperband Metro: "Lasagne sandwich hits Tesco shelves today" Diamond Lil's 3