chamber of horrors

Discussion in 'History' started by golden_rivet, Feb 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. '... there were two huge colonies, one of white rats, the other of brown. So large were these colonies that neither could exterminate the other. They lived in air trunks and their tails hung down outside the louvres, mostly in the fore part of the ship, above the alleys and store-rooms, but they would also chase each other alongside the pipes anywhere in the ship. Sometimes, four of these creatures would be hanging by their claws on the outside of the Wardroom pantry door when it was locked. Often when one was having a bath in the Wardroom bathroom, rats would
    congregate at the end of the trunking behind the metal grille and eye the bather silently' [p. 100]

EOU: the naval career of Commander EO Unwin RN / Daniel Morgan. London : D. Morgan, 2001

2. Even the rats on HM Ships are bloody pervs.
  3. Serve no useful purpose on board, eat the rations, as you say NZ pervs, now what does that remind me of, hmmm, I am sure it will come to me soon
  4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

GR, what ship & when?
  5. I do hope that you're not implying that HM Booties are a waste of rations, my god man somebody has to use the Upper Deck for sunbathing whilst you sailorly types transport us to the beachhead, so we can pose about a bit in our warry Gucci kit and then get on the razzle sharpish!
  6. Now now NZ, putting words into my mouth, I did not say a waste of rations, but I do note you do not refute the rest of the allegations :w00t:
  7. The other comments are too well documented for me to refute. :blush:
    BTW has ROMFT gone down you all seem to be on here at the mo? :thumright:
  8. Still up and running NZ, and going strong.
  9. Matts needs to wind his neck in methinks.
  10. PMSL, did you really mean to post that here NZ