Challenge for AIB

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Smiley_Dougal, Jun 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I am awaiting my date for AIB and the Lieutenant Commander that interviewed me suggested I do something 'challenging' to talk about in the AIB interview.

I've had a look on the net and don't exactly have time to trek Nepal or singlehandedly build a school in Malawi.

Would anyone have any ideas or know exactly what they are looking for?

Any help would be really appreciated!

2. Hi Smiley D!

May I suggest that you also add your question as a reply on the main AIB thread?

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=7213.html

That will send a reply alert to most of the people who have added to that thread - quite a few of them have passed the AIB and gone to BRNC, so might have some particularly useful ideas for you.

3. As Jimbo said ref running. Buy any sort of running magazine and they tend to have a list of dates for all areas of the UK, and they are charity organised. Hope this helps.

4. Nettle warrior is coming up next month, how about that?

Have a look on google for tough guy, it is the summer version of that.
    I did tough guy this year and I'm leaning towards doing the summer version as well...just because.

Ref running again. Last year I did the Warrior Run in Ireland. A good mountain run with a lot of characters. Doesn't cost a lot for a few days (I think with car hire and 4 nights it cost me £400 last year in total).

edit- I think tough guy is £125 or so, but it might be cheaper this far out.
    I know nettle warrior is £96 or so (cheaper because it's easier and less ambulances will be needed).
    Both are in Wolverhampton (perton).

5. I myself have now noted those as 'things to do'.

I'm off to do the Yukon River Quest challenge on Saturday, so need to sort out that (and costs associated which seem to have gone above budget) before anything else.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One would imagine eating them is less gruelling than passing them. :sad5:

7. I'm doing the Puma hell run in November if you live in the North West area.

8. That also looks like bloody good fun.

edit- £25, SOLD

9. Hiya,

Can I just thank you all for the ideas, it's much appreciated.

Was thinking of doing a run to be honest, as I've done some this year anyway, will just have to try to make it a bit more competitive!

Fair play to some of you guys though, I wouldn't have the guts for some of that stuff!

8)

10. Do nettle warrior.

It's a laugh (ish, I think it's more delirium), although it's a few quid.

Me and a friend/mild aquaintance are going to do it, so give me a ping if you consider it.