Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff Fired

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Bergen, Jun 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yesterday Senator Jack Reed called for the heads of Steven Hadley [National Security Advisor] and General Peter Pace [Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff].

Pace had written a eulogy praising Scooter Libby that has confounded many people and a newsflash a few minutes ago stated that Pace was being replaced. Must be important because the media even broke into the live feed from Paris Hilton's Bel Aire mansion.

Stay tuned :thumright:

RM

2. It's been confirmed that General Pace is to leave and the latest information is that his deputy Admiral Giambiani is also going to spend more time with his family.

This is strange - they were both appointed by Rumsfled and were both dedicated political brown-nosers. Someone is having a clear out here and it will be interesting to see who replaces them.

Link this with the no-confidence vote for Abu Gonzales scheduled for next week and things might be getting distinctly dodgey for Bush and Cheney.

RM

3. God, i know you tend to leave things on earth to us, as an extension of freewill, but please, please, PLEASE let cheney and bush be impeached.

thanks for your time,

Jarhead.

4. Jars - I know a dog that feels the same way

[​IMG]

RM

5. Gates.

Gates is old-time , old-school "If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the goddamn problem"

Vietnam veteran and old-school spook , I think he's working on clearing out the neo-con trash. Wonder how long he can last in role? Israeli media have already tried the "He isn't a supporter of us" approach , after Gates highlighted their Nuclear aresenal whilst talking about why Iran felt a few buckets of instant sunshine in their backpocket would be a good idea.

He was also part of the ISG , and I would suggest he's getting rid of those he feels are still beholden' to the Neo-con way.

Interesting he's got Mullen into the post , another old-school Naval type.

http://www.navy.mil/navydata/cno/mullen/CNO_Long_bio.pdf

6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but this rather important piece of news does not appear to have been covered by the UK media.

7. SW, it was on BBC news this evening, 5 ish, but I can't link you to it.

Semper Strenuissima