Ch5 - Royal Marines Programme

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by wave_dodger, Jan 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Already looking to be up to Chris Terrills high standards. Hideous quote from the first few minutes 'action on IED contact, go firm, self-treat if you have any arms or legs left...'.

Utterly humbling to see these young lads as they cut about.

2. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

I have a lot of respect for Chris Terrill. Looks like it's going to be a good series, not overly emotional or hankie-wringing, just the truth as the RMs see it.

Makes me furious that the lads see the question of IEDs as "when", not "if". They cost a couple of quid to make, but the damage done is hideous.

3. Makes me furious that the lads see the question of IEDs as "when", not "if". They cost a couple of quid to make, but the damage done is hideous.[/QUOTE]
    Is there any other way to see it? Don't be angry at them they have enought to deal with....;P

4. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Who do?! :-| The RMs? Not like my anger is going to make much difference to them.

5. Nope none at all, but at least the world (Rum Ration) is aware of it! I for one shall not mention it again to save you further annoyance :thumbup:

6. It's not connect 4 love.

7. Bloody right- it ain't that tricky

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well I thought their tan lines were massive.... They should all wear thongs.

9. Thinking about it "when", not "if" is a little basic. Maybe Magda can work it out in % or another fluffier way ( I can't too thick) then we can pass it onto the Lads as party line for the next deployment (**** can take it back after R&R) that way if they're interviewed they can use it to save anyone else having to get furious at them.

Bugger said I wasn't going to mention it again didn't I?

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Bugger!

So it was just me & T42 watching Spartacus.

11. Fit bronzed men scrapping in the dust? you sure you didn't watch it?

12. I thought the programme managed to convey both the boredom of sitting around in the hot sun waiting for something to happen and the tension of being out on patrol very well.The matter of fact way that the loss of comrades and the killing of the enemy may come across as chilling to those not involved directly but I decided there was no other way of dealing with it while keeping your sensibilities intact.

13. Don't you just love em, quality quality soldiers.

14. making me feel old watching the young thrusters strut their stuff

never remember wearing just flip flops, pants and fighting order in my day

not even for the wife :-D

15. And if you missed it / forgot to record it (as I did, Texas hold up nite!), then it is on 5* at 2300 tonight. Got the recorder set up for the etnire series now!

16. Or get in 5's website whenever.

17. Sadly I can't do that from here, unless I start using proxy servers in the UK and all that malarkey. Then, there is the sad fact that Spain is REALLY backward when it comes to Broadband (ADSL) - we are paying (a lot!) for 1 meg, but getting about 600k. Slow? You don't know the half oF it! But it's better than dial up! Most folk get no more than 3 meg.

18. Chris is getting some air time in, its on again tonight at 2300 on ch 5

19. well done Royal Marines.

20. I hope there were politicians watching last nights episode to witness the sacrifices our splendid troops are making for what is,in my view anyway,a waste of resources.The final minute or so which showed the marine Lt. lying in his hosptal bed trying to recover from an IED blast was chilling to put it mildly and it makes me more than a little angry because of the futility of it all.Don't get me wrong I think the lads are doing a brilliant job but deep down everyone knows that as soon as they are pulled out Afghanistan will return to where we found it 10 years ago.

• Like Like x 1