Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CFAV Warrants

Seems that now the commissions for CFAVs are all out to the people that earned them, the corps is now issuing Warrants to WO2(SCC) and WO1(SCC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Seems that now the commissions for CFAVs are all out to the people that earned them, the corps is now issuing Warrants to WO2(SCC) and WO1(SCC).

A pointless exercise in an organisation that needs proper leadership from the MOD, not a group of charity trustees.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
It's across the three - not just SCC.

To those that it is important to - well, fine.

For those who are focused on the youth development aspect of the organisation - it makes no difference.

But it does have merit where it maybe encourages people to take part, or retains some who are wondering what benefit there is to it.

And as I always say, anyone who tells me they are just in it for the kids is suspicious (and not necessarily in a Gary Glitter sort of way) because if YOU don't get something from it, then what is the point?

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
It's across the three - not just SCC.

To those that it is important to - well, fine.

For those who are focused on the youth development aspect of the organisation - it makes no difference.

But it does have merit where it maybe encourages people to take part, or retains some who are wondering what benefit there is to it.

And as I always say, anyone who tells me they are just in it for the kids is suspicious (and not necessarily in a Gary Glitter sort of way) because if YOU don't get something from it, then what is the point?
It's a hobby, you either enjoy it or you don't. I stopped enjoying it after 30 years, stopped 2 years ago and don't regret leaving at all. I enjoyed my time, made many friends, adult and cadet, the cadets now adult friends. As they say with gambling, when the fun stops, stop. Just the same with all youth groups, new rules and regulations, just because one idiot didn't follow the rules, thousands of CFAVs have new hoops to jump through. I could list them but what's the point, its the new world order of cadet forces....

It's a hobby, you either enjoy it or you don't. I stopped enjoying it after 30 years, stopped 2 years ago and don't regret leaving at all. I enjoyed my time, made many friends, adult and cadet, the cadets now adult friends. As they say with gambling, when the fun stops, stop. Just the same with all youth groups, new rules and regulations, just because one idiot didn't follow the rules, thousands of CFAVs have new hoops to jump through. I could list them but what's the point, its the new world order of cadet forces....

Hmm all very true, though I have a unit, as I’m still serving I class myself as more of a nomad, the plus side of that being that I get to avoid all the unit politics. I’ve also managed to avoid area and National bollocks too .

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Hmm all very true, though I have a unit, as I’m still serving I class myself as more of a nomad, the plus side of that being that I get to avoid all the unit politics. I’ve also managed to avoid area and National bollocks too .

That helps, whilst I was still serving I just used to rock up at camp/Weekend do what was required and then leave to head back to base.

Latest Threads