Ceri Blair Wears PURPLE to Rememberence Day in London

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Nov 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Matter of interest who are the muppets on the balcony alongside her
  2. Judging by the royal blue and gold trappings, I would hazard a guess and say they are the EU Stazi Minders. Looking out for Tonys gremlin :wink:
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

One on the far left is Sarah Brown I think. Cherrie looks like a bored chavette, I suppose she didn't think she'd be in the spotlight (much to her disgust). She's a muppet, best never seen or heard of again.
  4. Surely Cheri is trying on the Imperial purple, getting ready for the day when her and Antonius are Emporer and Empress of Europe.
  5. Black, purple, red, yellow - who cares? As long as the memorial continues and we don't conveniently forget.
  6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Poor thing, a bit much to expect her to buy a dark coat out of her paltry income.
  7. Some of the public comments on the article are priceless - just hope the Frog reads them and sees what people think of her.
  8. What a non story you dull dull puppy. She is wearing black underneath and looks rather somber; not bored. Although being anti labour I for one am grateful for anyone coming out to show their respects. She at least isn't being a micro-managed, PR-aware troll like many other people in the public eye.

I had a prolific shit on Sunday (before parading with my unit)- was that disrespectful? Seriously man, get a life.
  9. Ah, Purple. Perhaps she was thinking "joint".
  10. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm not so sure about her disrespect. If you notice the coat, that she is loosely wearing, has the poppy on the LHS. Ladies wear them on the RHS. It suggest to me that she may have been feeling the cold and a gentleman passed her this one to cover herself with. I may of course be totally wrong. But I think that it is a shame that we pick on what we percieve as faults in others. We of course are so perfect in every way!
  11. I would have thought the Telegraph would have something more important to write about - I would also have expected them to get the facts right - excuse my powers of perception if I have got this one wrong but the coat doesn't look "bright purple" to me - it actually looks like quite a dark shade of purple.

I don't like the woman, or her worm of a husband and if I never saw her again in my life it would not be soon enough but for goodness sake, let's get a bit of perspective!
  12. Whilst I was stood in the rain and cold freezing my tits off on parade on Sunday in the guard..my other half who like me got up early and ignored the shit conditions sang, prayed and chatted with the old boys braving the conditions whilst paying her respects...happened to wear her purple coat (brighter than cherie's I might add) on the basis it was warm and the day was cold...does that make her disrespectful????

What a load of horse shit, who gives a f**k what you wear as long as you turn up make the effort and are not wearing a clown outfit or a burka!!!...typical torygraph shit..!!
  13. i for onr think that brown is a tw*t and blair would be a c*nt except that he has to hump cherie so for that punishment he gets the benifit of the doubt.

anyway what does it matter if she is wearing apurpel coat - i cant stand teh bitch but i do think that this is a little bit too far in the wide mouthed slag-bashing.
  14. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Passed Over Loggie wrote
    My thoughts POL.

Not all of the civvy men and ex servicemen wore black and some pongo No 1s are rather colourful. Who said that women wear poppies on the left? Just as with the question of when to wear, where to wear matters not. The RBL addressed both issues with a rather good; just remember why you wear it.

I'm no fan of the Blairs but FFS, the nit picking is unbecoming the Torygraph. That and the outrage bus carbon footprint is getting bigger for no good reason.
  15. All will be fine and dandy when, and if, Mr Cameron and his cohorts take over.
    Shall we have a little wager as to how long the honeymoon will last; for a starter I'll go for six weeks, and that is being luxurious.
  16. In all fairness to the Telegraph, it was the "fashion" page. Aren’t they supposed to be petty and irrelevant?

Anyway, it seems that the Scouse Git’s daughter is rather fond of regal purple.

17. Sorry, I'm not quite grasping how on earht it would be disrespectful to wear a Burkha?
  18. Hasn't purple always been associated with mourning and death; Catholic priests generally wear the colour when conducting a funeral service. In addition purple flowers are seen at funerals, though oddly some people have them at weddings, something which seems very odd to me.
    I thought all that I saw at the Centotaph aquitted themselves pretty well.
  19. SHOCK HORROR- The Queen is wearing purple today! I'm outraged- burn her burn her.

Outraged of Beckenham