Ceres

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by all_purple_now, Jun 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for an unofficial point of contact at Ceres - either in the Medical Branch (if such exists) or the wardroom.

Can anyone help?

APN

2. In Leeds??

3. Why Ceres? It's further from the bloody sea than Forward is in Brum..?!

4. Thanks for the above. Now, is there an unofficial as opposed to official point of contact?

Sometimes choice is taken away from us...

APN

5. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Actually, being pedantic Leeds is significantly closer to oggin than Birmingham - travel 60-70 miles East or West from Leeds and you'll be in the briny while a circle of this radius centred on Brum is clearly still based on terra firma. :)

6. You need a different hobby FW.

SF

7. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Actually I need to get on with some work rather than finding "displacement activities" :)

8. I guess you've never been sailing on Brum's world-famous canal system then.. ;)

9. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

The BCN would not be navigable to a blue-water navy so don't count - having done a sponsored walk with Forward around 26 or so miles of the canals in Brum many years ago, I'm actually of the opinion that most of the canals don't contain water of any known description so they count even less!

10. Try leedsnavy.co.uk. Most of the guys are away this weekend though (probably why nobody else from Ceres has responded to this thread yet. You will get a friendly response!

11. Back in the 70s The RN "converted" a pair of narrow boats to look like a 42 and an SSN. They toured the inland waterways to increase the RN footprint. Somewhere I have a couple of photos of them on the Severn at Worcester but for the moment you will have to take my word for it.

ps Forward is a lot nearer to an RN base port than Ceres, perhaps that confuses the odd person :argue:

12. Will i do?

I'm a CERES JR but i can put you in touch with the wardroom if you let me know what its about.

PM me your details and i'll be in touch.