Censorship

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by brendan498, Jan 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for dumping my new topic in the gash barge(Norman re emerges) after less than three hours mr Moderator,censorship or old boys club, i think the latter ,

forums are for expressing views,and moderators are there to ensure punitive comments, distasteful comments are deleted,which i accept how ever have a same standard

I look forward to your reply i will paste it to SAMA 82 website, ignorance is the biggest crime in life,

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Brendan, just seen and read you post mate... walt with medals at falklands parade, worthy topic but, mate, it was done to death at the time.

I've tried to find the links to the particular forums on here and arrse but cant, perhaps you may have better luck.

Like you I think the guy is a cnut.

3. How apposite. Your link is seven months old. You might think that you have something new and interesting to say, but you don't.

WTF?

4. OK, it was old news, and has been posted before, hardly the first time someone has re-posted an old story, and they are not always moved to the gash barge, in fact normally they get a post thats says it has already been done.

I take it that brenden posted in current affairs, if so it is not current affairs at it was a story from Jun 07, however the story does not belong in the gash barge

As the storey is neither Dull or Irrelevant to our members who served in the Falklands, perhaps a PM and a move to Lils would have been more in order.

5. Not sure if this has been posted before but tragic news, the Titanic has hit an iceberg and sunk.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"D'ya hear there! Wrens no longer wear blue badges..!" 8O :oops:

7. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As someone who was serving in 1982, and whose brother's ship was hit by an Exocet, all aspects of Corporate are very dear to my heart.

The article you higlighted was extremely time late and has been done to death on this and other sites. The essence of keeping sites such as this are relevance and currency, which your post fails to meet, certainly in its original home.

You should note there is a difference between moderation and censorship.

As for the SAMA82 website - feel free - puerile threats such as that bother me not.

However, as you seem to be such a sensitive soul, I will endeavour to find the original thread and merge yours onto it.

8. okay point taken valid points and wrens should wear blue badges as well but a qick explaination is always better than just being dumped in the gash barge like it its been covered before-your off to the gash barge feck off :bball:

9. Brendan how dare you post a subject that is current to you. The fact that an agenda has been previously discussed is irrelevant. If you wish to attempt conversation with others on an internet forum, that is your right. Yet again we see over zealous "moderators" deciding what and when issues can be discussed. You are quite correct, by having your thread moved to the Gash barge you are in effect being censored.

IDOITDEEPER

10. sgtpepperband

Nice to see our resident conspiracy theorist poking his nose in again... wassup, SMK? Finished colouring in your David Icke book already?! 8O :yawn:

11. Poking my nose in? I think not, I was simply expressing a personal opinion in respect to Brendans post. Surely that is the whole point behind an internet forum? :thumright:

SPB
    Luv you loads
    XXXX
    IDOITDEEPER

12. Oh here we go again!!- Idoit- or Idiot - leave it- move on-- find another forum... throw yourself in the Solent......... just STFU!!!!!!!!!!!

13. sgtpepperband

Blow as many kisses as you like, IDIOT (sic)... you are just resorting to type again, and trying to be intentionally controversial then scuttling back under your rock to hide from the flack. Brendan's question was answered and he's acknowledged the reasons why. Yet you want to try to make an issue of something that has nothing to do with you, in a vain attempt to promote yourself as some kind of censorship martyr. Again.

:roll:

14. SPB
    I am scuttling under no rock to avoid flack, and I never have, hence the reason I was previously turned into a "troll". It seems it is you who is making an issue of something I have commented upon. I am no censorship martyr but do have an opinion on various subjects of which I am willing to argue my point.

Brazenhussey
    There is absolutely no need for you to enter the conversation and be abusive. I do not appreciate being told to STFU and yet again being called an idiot by you. If you have something constructive to say to me then please do so in an appropriate manner and one that befits your very responsible position as a moderator of this forum. Thank you

Luv you moderators loads
    IDOITDEEPER

15. sgtpepperband

IDIOT: The topic of this thread was resolved long before your 'contribution' so there was no argument, and therefore there was no requirement for you to turn this into part of your own self-obsessed vanity campaign.

16. idoit- please have the courtesy to spell my name correctly- brazenhussy-- no E babe- secondly- I am known for not sitting on the fence- if you do not like my response / attitude tell the boss--- with me hun, what you see is what you get..........

17. ZZZZZZZZZZZ. Who is ensuring this thread continues me or you? This is my last post in respect to this subject. Forum members can make up their own minds.

Luv you loads
    IDOITDEEPER
    XXXXX <tongues
    :thumright:

18. sgtpepperband

I seriously doubt it... 8O

19. o_O o_O o_O When?

Bloody Hell, that's shocking news! When did it happen? Was the iceberg injured in the collision? I hope not! With global warming they're rapidly becoming an endangered species!

20. sgtpepperband

14 April 1912 - ask Nutty about it; he was Swimmer of the Watch. :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.