CCF/SCC in RNR

TheLegend27

Midshipman
Doing both? Is it possible? One of my cadets in the SCC wants to join RNR, but someone said summit to her about not being able to do both? Something about JSP 814 (I don't have access)! CCF just outta interest (I wanna do it)!

SCC can be touchy about these things and as the unit CO is off sick - the rest of us are running around like headless chickens

Dredd

War Hero
Doing both? Is it possible? One of my cadets in the SCC wants to join RNR, but someone said summit to her about not being able to do both? Something about JSP 814 (I don't have access)! CCF just outta interest (I wanna do it)!

SCC can be touchy about these things and as the unit CO is off sick - the rest of us are running around like headless chickens
Run it past your DO then.

We had an RNR officer with the Unit but he was classified as CI so yes, it is (was) possible.

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Yes they can but need permission from both COs, can wear their uniform but as stated will be classed as CI in the SCC

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Barney, the CO of my unit is a Subby in the SCC and a CPO in the RNR (though he only wears the Slt rank in unit, anything to do with district / area / nationals, he wears his RNR rate), this isn't hidden from anyone, his CO in the RNR knows (well we use their building) and the SCC knows, so surely holding a rate isn't impossible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Barney, the CO of my unit is a Subby in the SCC and a CPO in the RNR (though he only wears the Slt rank in unit, anything to do with district / area / nationals, he wears his RNR rate), this isn't hidden from anyone, his CO in the RNR knows (well we use their building) and the SCC knows, so surely holding a rate isn't impossible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's bending the rules ever so slightly, as they used to state you can't hold a rate higher than the one you hold in the mob, whereas now it says you are a CI but can wear your uniform with permission. If you look on the SCC admin website it explains all this, will see if I can copy and paste the relevant bit across.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk