CCF navy camp/course

Discussion in 'SCC and URNU' started by abalice, Mar 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please can someone tell me what the leadership weekend course involves? In detail like what exactly does the assault course involve?
    thanks

2. Which leadership course in particular shippers LH, PO?

3. the leadership course in whale island, portsmouth.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

5. OK thank you, sorry I'm new to this what thread should I move it to? and how do I move it? I just picked a random thread :p

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Abalice: Don't worry too much about it; the appropriate Moderator will move it in due course (there is a 'Cadet' thread here in the Forum Index). At least here it will be read by more people... :wink:

7. CCF navy camp/course :dwarf:

I wasn't even aware the CCF did a course in learning to be navy camp. What precisely is the difference between Navy Camp and, say, Army camp? Is Army camp rougher and Navy camp more.... 'Hello Sailor matey?...' ;) :lol: :toilet: What are the Forces coming too? o_O

8. haha very funny, they also do raf camp :p

9. I thought that was a pre joining requirement - plus not doing weekends

10. I would have thought Steve, that you, of all contributors, would be up to speed on this one.
    Navy camp is different because they are allowed to do it in uniform!!

2BM

11. CCF Assault Course involves the following;
    07.00 Reveille (Rise and shine)
    07.30-8.00 Breakfast
    08.00-8.30 Prepare for Rounds
    09.00 Rounds
    11.15 Stand Easy
    11.30 Debrief of Rounds
    12.00 Lunch
    13.00 Health and Safety Inspectors arrive walk around Camp site going "Tsk", "Oh dear" and "Tsk, Tsk, Tsk" at Assault Course and "Oh my God the Humanity of it all!!" at the Rifle Range.
    14.00 Police arrive and cordon off area with Crime Scene tape. Arrest Adult Instructors, confiscate Rifles, knives and tent mallets.
    14.01 Lawyers and Therapists arrive to counsel, sue and give out free hugs to the Cadets.
    15.00 Cadets dumped back at CCF HQ in pouring rain and have to make their own way home.
    ENJOY
    NZB

12. Oh, thanks for the boost of confidence!