CCF Cadet New uniform

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
The RNR have been told not to expect initial issue for "around 24 months"; unless mobilised afloat. Our NE are still getting old style 4's.
My guess is that any current CCF cadet will not see it. But ask your visiting CPO for better guidance.

BH

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
At present SCC/CCF RN have no allowance what so ever for the new rig and have been told we are not allowed to wear it even if bought privately,but once all usable stocks of No4s are gone it wont be long for us to be told we can privately purchase it and then it will be issued I imagine....

TheLegend27

Midshipman
At present SCC/CCF RN have no allowance what so ever for the new rig and have been told we are not allowed to wear it even if bought privately,but once all usable stocks of No4s are gone it wont be long for us to be told we can privately purchase it and then it will be issued I imagine....
Do u therefore think that we will get PCCS in the next few years? Only asking because my uniform has got too small and stores only have RNPCS and are refusing to issue me it

I was down HMS Raleigh last week and yes there are phase 1 RNR walking around in old 4's. Where I'm based in Scotland, we still don't have the new RNPCS on the shelves yet and have to travel to Faslane if we want any new rig. When Royal went into PCSCU, it took a very long time for the RMC to transfer across too as there was so much stock of the old CS95's still on the shelves. It will be the same for the CCF RN and the SCC, bearing in mind the RFA and from what I've heard on the grapevine, certain RM branches permanently based on ships, still need to be issued the new rig.

I'd assume that's for the CCF to provide, I'm as serving leading hand in the RN but I'm also an instructor in the SCC. The foulie jacket Velcro badge for the cadets, I had to pay for myself from the sea cadets store here: http://www.seacadetshop.org/products/132-sea-cadets-label-velcro-backed-serial-306.aspx

As you can see though it has the SCC slug logo on so I've no idea if it'd suitable for you or not, but at the end of the day, the badges are not for the mod to provide but the actual organisation you belong to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheLegend27

Midshipman
But the MoD run the CCF, whereas the SCC is independent
I'd assume that's for the CCF to provide, I'm as serving leading hand in the RN but I'm also an instructor in the SCC. The foulie jacket Velcro badge for the cadets, I had to pay for myself from the sea cadets store here: http://www.seacadetshop.org/products/132-sea-cadets-label-velcro-backed-serial-306.aspx

As you can see though it has the SCC slug logo on so I've no idea if it'd suitable for you or not, but at the end of the day, the badges are not for the mod to provide but the actual organisation you belong to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
As a CCF RNR LT I used the RN flash on my gortex, now with the SCC we have to wear SCC one which is privately purchased as stated above.