CBD oil

D

Deleted 28451

Given that there are a number workout supplements banned, I am 99.99% certain that this will be banned also. Why do you take it?

Given that there are a number workout supplements banned, I am 99.99% certain that this will be banned also.

Why do you take it?
Yes, why?

(...if 'twas prescribed for "for relief of severe spasticity due to multiple sclerosis (where other anti-spasmodics have not been effective)...from Wiki" then those conditions would hardly be acceptable for RN Entry )

Sumo

War Hero
speak to your recruiter as stuff available across the shop counter is not necessarily acceptable to the RN, don't assume ask.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
My brother has used CBD sparingly to improve his sleep. He doesn't have any sleep issues, but CBD can sometimes help him get a good night's sleep if he feels he needs it. I personally have never used the stuff, but some people without medical conditions like to tinker with supplements like this. Its hard to say why anybody might use it specifically because the effects seem to vary person-to-person and dosages can range in orders of magnitude - causing different effects.

Hopefully JerrySpring isn't using it for a medical condition that would PMU him - or even worse - he's fallen for some muscle-building fad from Men's Health!!

Jerry - just ask your AFCO or ACLO personally. Its perfectly legal to buy in civilian life (so long as there's no THC) and use so I expect the only issue would be if you were already serving and it was prohibited for those already in service.
May already be in Columbia with the cartel, as it was over 2 years ago when posted.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Ahh man, this is the army! Even telephones are forbidden there, and you ask about the CBD :))
Not a single army would be capable if the oil of the CBD was allowed there. This is logical. My brother thought that somehow he could deceive the commander of the unit and asked me to bring him some oil CBD in order to get rid of insomnia. I bought CBD Oil Tincture on the Internet and brought it to him, but his commander somehow discovered the oil (most likely due to the smell) and punished him very harshly, so you should not risk it!
Which Army? Your deleted post before this one gave the reason in Cyrillic - plus, this is a Naval site.

But your advice to not risk it remains sound.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Ahh man, this is the army! Even telephones are forbidden there, and you ask about the CBD :))
Not a single army would be capable if the oil of the CBD was allowed there. This is logical. My brother thought that somehow he could deceive the commander of the unit and asked me to bring him some oil CBD in order to get rid of insomnia. I bought CBD Oil Tincture on the Internet and brought it to him, but his commander somehow discovered the oil (most likely due to the smell) and punished him very harshly, so you should not risk it!
Ahh man,sounds like tripe to me...

That stinks!

Paxman_Valenta

Lantern Swinger
I'm also calling bullshit.

But the current fleet policy (as described in the Exec matters newsletter in Dec 2019) is as follows:

...personnel have tested positive for THC (Cannabis) and subsequently claimed this is due to the use of CBD oil. All personnel have been discharged as there is a scientific and toxicological difference between Cannabis and CBD oil. CBD oil must have a THC level of 0% to be legal in the UK. If you want to stay inside the law do not buy this product on the internet, if you want to be really safe do not buy it at all."

Harry Palmer

Midshipman
We?
Clarification of your employment and ability to make that statement may be in order.
As this is an un-official site, any comments should be backed up if 'advising' something of this ilk.
I meant in a medical sense... MBR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taztiff

War Hero
I meant in a medical sense... MBR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Found this in one of your other posts:
I’m working at Raleigh and co-ordinating between Phase 1 and Phase 2 training.
That helps to put it in perspective as someone in the 'right place'.

Sumo

War Hero
Found this in one of your other posts:
I’m working at Raleigh and co-ordinating between Phase 1 and Phase 2 training.
That helps to put it in perspective as someone in the 'right place'.
he/she may clean the corridor between the offices? Co-ordinates cleanliness ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Government launches review into future offshore oil and gas licensing regime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The High Commission responds to the Mauritius Oil Spill MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British experts help Mauritius protect coral reefs from oil spill MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Preventing catastrophic risks from SAFER oil tanker leak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK warns of “catastrophic environmental threat” from hazardous Yemeni oil tanker MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your heating oil tank MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Oil and gas: OPRED communications MoD News 0
superpom Beard oil? WTF!!! Diamond Lil's 10
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary condemns Iran over the Adrian Darya 1 oil tanker MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Department for International Trade welcomes global delegation to UK’s largest Oil and Gas event in Aberdeen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK Government Minister reiterates importance of Oil and Gas sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Oil and gas fiscal forum returns to Aberdeen for the second year for talks on decommissioning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 3km oil slick threatened local beauty spot. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government appoints Tim Eggar as new Chair of Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Environment Agency issues Brockham oil site permits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: All British ‘eye in the sky’ to tackle oil spills, illegal shipping and deforestation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: DIO awards contract for new jetty at HMNB Devonport Oil Fuel Depot MoD News 0
drewfester Cooking oil used on Subs Bases / Shore Est 9
L Opito oil & gas industry awareness days The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Sales Engineer (Oil & Gas) - Worthing - £Negotiable + Bonus The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
L Opito oil & gas industry awareness dates The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
L OPITO Oil & Gas Industry Awareness Day The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
I Oil and Gas job for Pompey Mushes The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Technical Sales Support Engineer - Oil & Gas The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS Last Iraq oil terminal patrol for Royal Navy Current Affairs 0
finknottle Falkland Islands: Oil boom or no oil boom? Current Affairs 21
F Oil rigger Jobs? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 7
soleil Pompey News: RN To Continue Protecting Falklands & Their Oil The Fleet 0
NotmeChief Russia forces storm oil tanker seized by Somali pirates. Current Affairs 14
Joint_Force_Harrier Dragon Oil Shares Current Affairs 10
4to8 Russian Carrier spills oil Current Affairs 9
T Argentina, Oil and the Falklands Current Affairs 20
B RN half marathon on Iraqi oil platform for BFBS Big Salute! Charity 1
M Sirodhara - Ayurvedic Oil Therapy Health & Fitness 2
jim4244 The oil industry The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 17
NotmeChief RN takes control of Iraq Oil Platforms Current Affairs 0
TerryB Astute Oil Pump? Current Affairs 11
A What would happen if the oil stopped flowing? Current Affairs 30