Caught out by Facebook!!

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Shackles_and_Flags, Jan 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It was only a matter of time before it happened, after explaining to the Mrs I was just popping to the Ship and Castle for a few pints with the lads which of course resulted (Unbeknown to her) in going to Hong Kong Charlies then down Guildhall. Upon returning home at approx 0430 and managing to explain about lack of ferries/taxis etc... I thought I had it covered. This was until however someone decided to tag me in a photo down guildhall at 0200 which was seen by this Mrs- que much shouting and screaming about lies etc... I now can say lesson learnt- Facebook is bleeding dangerous!!

2. It was friends Reunited with me!! Not registered any more!!

3. This is something that needs to be beaten into newbies when they join up, no camera's or phots on a run ashore. Only took a camera to sea once and left it on the bedside table in the hotel room. Came back shiters and passed out and my equally p1ssed mate got hold of it and forgot all about it......until the wife had the film developed :oops: 8O

4. I have been caught out by this many a time.

None of my mates take a camera out with them but recently we all went up to scouse land and went off with a big group of women. I thought i was safe until my mate added one of the birds as a friend on facebook and see then posted up about 20pics of us all going with different women. :oops:

5. Runs ashore + Camera = In the shit at some stage.

6. After speaking to some of the other lads out with me that fateful night Im a little bit happier for one of them to tell me hes in the shit with his wife due to the same photos posted by this same bird.

7. Face book proper messes up Matlots lifes. I accidently told my missus's 270 friends & family that I could'nt wait for her to gag on my c##k and swallow my s###k!! :twisted: :oops: :oops: :oops:

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Reeeeally?! :roll:

9. although not in the mob yet i have already learnt this lesson, but i still get caught out because some bugger allways manages to take a snap when im not looking

10. Safers!!

11. Never mind Facebook! We had a baby PO Tiff on the boat who told his wife EVERYTHING that went on during runs the runs ashore we got - not a popular lad in the end. :evil:

12. Same with one of the brand new baby 2's in our mess, not shy of phoning home and telling his girlfriend, mum, gran, anyone that will listen what goes on whilst ashore, onboard. Great lad to bump into round town with your Mrs.

13. I've been off facebook for a while now. Never done anything wrong but the missus got jealous of all the lasses i know so i decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Don't miss it either. Most people on there really need to get a grip!

14. The scary thing about Facebook is that you can get people publishing photos of you that were taken decades ago and you have no recollection of!!

15. Fuck decades ago, I have no recollection of half the photos took last week 8O :oops:

16. I have no recollection of last night 8O
    I have two empty bottles, and the cheese-plant in the hall although proclaiming a wet compost, does not look healthy.

17. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't know where you find space for cameras... I only had room in my No 1's for Fags, matches, bit of money and my Paybook. !

18. Oh it's safe to leave in the Mess square.