catering servives logistician

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by lily_eleanor, Mar 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does any one know if this job is a satisfing one ? i would like to become a catering services logistician. I have not heard alot about it. I am currently away to do my exams in april- may .i am hoping this job is right for me .
    can anyone tell what the trainning is like?. what is life like in the navy ?
    Will i find it hard to begin with? What qualifications will i be given with this job? Will i get any free time to myself? What will i do when i am working ashore?
    i have alot of questions which i would be greatful to be replyed to
    Lily x

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

lily find the Newbies section and read through it, most of your questions will be answered, come back and ask those that haven't been covered

Welcome to RR

3. janner

Bump

Can anyone help the young lady?

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Ninja is this forums Mod, so quite by chance she's struck lucky asking her question here. :p

5. janner

I'm having a be nice to a Newbie day so come on chaps help her out

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You got some last night didn't you?

7. Hi Lily!

Welcome to Rum Ration!

I think that this is what you have in mind:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/upload/pdf/AW_RN_Logistics_CS(Chef)_CPL3_CM_V2.pdf

What do you think?

8. Hi Lily,

Catering service is split into two sections Cheffing and stewarding. The chefs as you would expect deal with the cooking, planning, ordering of food. The Stewards deal with officers and do silver service at the table, bar work and generally look after the officers needs. In both cases you will have extra duties onboard that could be First Aid, Fire-fighting or damage control (Patching up of the ship). Chefs and Stewards tend to work in teams that will do days when they are duty and days off, so you will get plenty of time off when in foreign ports. When working ashore you tend to do the same roles but in the larger naval establishments around the country or even abroad. You get civilian qualifications throughout your service. At the end of your intial training you will have a modern apprenticeship and NVQ level 2 in the subject connected to your job. There are plenty of options when you leave the service to continue in this line of work.

Hope that answers some of your questions

SM

:)

9. janner

No but I'm heading into a PU all weekend at the SA Conference :lol:

10. :roll: You might like to consider OTHER more satisfying, jobs (as you put it) in the RN :wink: :wink: