catch up interview...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by aled_bryn, Mar 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive got my catch up interview tomorrow, just wondering if theres anything in particular i need to have at the front of my mind or wether its just an informal chat?
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As the the title of the Update Interview implies, it's simply an interview to make sure your circumstances haven't changed.

For example, if you've got married, divorced, had children, lost your job, got a new job, been seriously ill, changed any contact details, had a child, lost a Granny, gone bankrupt, had a couple of CCJs, been nicked for trying to set your shoes alight on a plane, then we want to know.

There's no trick questions, although I must confess to having the odd "Columbo moment" as the candidate gets up to leave by asking: "Oh just one thing.." then hitting them with: "Explain Einsteins Theory of Relativity".
  3. what about appearance same as selection interview wear a suit an that or can you just wear casual clothes?
  4. Burnsy it's still an interview

No brainer really, wear a suit :roll:
  5. so...

had the interview this morning and all went well.

i have to retake my pjft as itll expire before i go to raleigh but i was given a glimmer of good news. my predicted entry date should be between november and january and thats for etwe. obviously theres a good chance thatll change but its a small ray of hope
  6. when did u sit ur rt test lad?
  7. think it was april 2008 when i was originally set to join luckily thats valid til next year so dont have to do it again
  8. Ive just had my catch up interview. Going in as the same trade ETWE. If you sat your original entrance in 2008 did you have you had a catch up interview in 2009?
  9. didnt join 1st time round but reapplied last year
  10. i was told by my afco that my catch up interview would be over the phone at regular intervals of 6 months my first one being june/july 2010 or is this nonsense?
    anyone else had a phone catch up??
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Less good-looking individuals may well be quizzed by telephone after the initial selection interview to minimise the aesthetic carbon footprint within the AFCO drop zone.
  12. Ninja

tsk tsk

What happened to traditional matelot gallantry to a lady?
  13. Glad im super good looking!! Then again, i heard you need to be with my branch choice ;)
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Didn't realise it was lady, however in the name of equality, the statement stands. :wink:
  15. Well thanks for the confidence guys, :cry: Lol
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Think nothing of it, Madam. :wink: