Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

CAT LEAVE

One must remeber that your young, compared to me any way, PO Stoker had beaten into his stoker skull the navy concept of a place for everything and everything in it's place. By not allowing him to follow this you are creating considerable mental stress for the poor darling which will ultimately result in the need for extensive therapy and counselling.

Peter

Comparing the death of a cat to the death of a child?? Hmmmmm.

Slightly adrift with the scale of grieving perhaps?

I cried and was choked when my Alsation died but that is not really on the same scale as someone losing one of their children.

Skunkmiester said:
Comparing the death of a cat to the death of a child?? Hmmmmm.

Slightly adrift with the scale of grieving perhaps?

I cried and was choked when my Alsation died but that is not really on the same scale as someone losing one of their children.

I would never compare the death of a companion animal to that of a child. The point was whether an employer was sensitive to an employee's personal life.

Anyone who decries the emotions felt on the death of a pet is clearly a heartless git, but of course it is most certainly not the same as the death of a child.

Butter, in my humble view should remain firmly in its allocated position in the fridge, and anyone, male or female , who disagrees with this point of view, should, in my opinion, have things done to them that would make the Spanish Inquisition,look like children playing in a sand pit.

higthepig said:
Butter, in my humble view should remain firmly in its allocated position in the fridge, and anyone, male or female , who disagrees with this point of view, should, in my opinion, have things done to them that would make the Spanish Inquisition,look like children playing in a sand pit.

Bit reactionary Higgy lambchop. Perhaps you and the PO Stoker should shack up together you sound like you would be good together!

I'm sorry Rosina but both the PO Stoker and Higgy are right: butter belongs in its rightful place in the fridge, just like almost everything else. Beer as the exception however can go anywhere in the fridge so long as it doesn't occupy the space allotted to the butter dish. Are you deliberately trying to inflect psychological trauma on the PO Stoker? He could sue you you know, just like the Rev Mark Sharpe sucessfully sued the navy for not promiting complete celibacy from all sailors in His (the Priest's) presence. Human rights abuses to a poor young innocent stoker aged 43 and one third. Water torture... castration... hiding his butter... offering him to Higgy instead of AAC! (A capital offence, that latter one!) :wink:

Always_a_Civvy said:
... offering him to Higgy instead of AAC! (A capital offence, that latter one!) :wink:

Dear AAC - I am just about to parcel up the PO Stoker, you will find a large brown paper bundle on your doorstep as soon as he is finished installing Sky+.

Do be careful unwrapping said parcel as I will be using plenty of maskers to stop him wriggling. He will also arrive with a selection of M&S mini bites if he has not eaten them during the journey.

Please be gentle with him.

Love Rosie

SILVER_FOX said:
Once heard of someone actually getting compassionate leave because her cat died. World gone mad!!

SF

Hi Silver Fox,

Well as the owner of 3 cats (the oldest being over 18 years old) when I lose her, I will be very sad and cry because she has been part of my life and like having a kid. we don't have compassionate leave, but I will most likely calll out from work to grive my loss when she does pass on.

I think that if the world didn't care, and didn't give compassionate leave, it would be a more sad and crazy world than it is already. just my 2 cents.

Pam

rosinacarley said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
... offering him to Higgy instead of AAC! (A capital offence, that latter one!) :wink:

Dear AAC - I am just about to parcel up the PO Stoker, you will find a large brown paper bundle on your doorstep as soon as he is finished installing Sky+.

Do be careful unwrapping said parcel as I will be using plenty of maskers to stop him wriggling. He will also arrive with a selection of M&S mini bites if he has not eaten them during the journey.

Please be gentle with him.

Love Rosie

I love you Rosie! :D

why don't you just bury the butter with the cat, and tell him your not buying it anymore. you wouldn't have to move it then, thus removing the problem of confusing the PO Stoker.. 8O

mazza_magoo said:
why don't you just bury the butter with the cat, and tell him your not buying it anymore. you wouldn't have to move it then, thus removing the problem of confusing the PO Stoker.. 8O

It matters not, because the Sky+ is now installed, the PO stoker is wrapped in brown paper and maskers and I am just leaving for the Post Office.

My fridge will be my own, the butter will get to visit a new shelf every day and I will likely get another kitten.

rosinacarley said:
AAC

Don't get too over-excited. He is not George Clooney you know. More Terry Wogan without the money and the sense of humour!

That doesn't matter Rosina! Just to have my very own PO Stoker - someone in the house who knows the difference between an Allen key and a spanner will be a great boon! :lol:

Latest Threads