CAT A F.R.I.

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by freestyle, Apr 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Typical buzz which I picked up when in the NAAFI.

Heard that they are thinking about giving the Cat A's an Financial Rentention Incentive, probably the A2's but didn't hear anything about A1's.

Given the recent dual cat B FRI may be some substance to the rumour and also given that serco and Rolls have recently advertised in the helensburgh advertisers for ex-cat A's.

Also if tony blair decides to rush out and start building nuclear power stations we could see a sizewell b scenario again.

Can anyone add to this?

2. Pardon me, but having been out of boats since 59, what the hell are you talking about

3. Back nastie talk Sidon, something to do with the big kettle at the back end. 8O

4. Can you tell me which codebook I need to decypher this signal? It means as much to me as when I first handled teleprinter tape many moons ago :lol:

5. No, mate, I haven't heard anything! But given that the rumour mill was buzzing for about 3 years before the CatB FRI came in, I wouldn't hold your breath.

For the sea-dodgers
    FRI - Financial Retention Initiative. Golden handcuffs for dual qualified Cat B nuclear watchkeepers - was £25k (before tax), but you're stuck for 4 years.

Cat A - Engineers & WOs (Charge Chiefs) - Supervisors
    Cat B - Chiefs (RPO/MCDO/MEAOW) - operate and maintain reactor, run the engine room
    Cat C - Electrical Panel Operators, ULWK - Cat B's bitches
    Cat D - Throttle Jockey/LLWK
    Double Qualification - Qualified in both EL & ML Cat B positions. The EL bit is hard, but the ML bit is just about eating enough bananas & evolving enough to operate a couple of valves :lol:

6. No, mate, I haven't heard anything! But given that the rumour mill was buzzing for about 3 years before the CatB FRI came in, I wouldn't hold your breath.

For the sea-dodgers
    FRI - Financial Retention Initiative. Golden handcuffs for dual qualified Cat B nuclear watchkeepers - was £25k (before tax), but you're stuck for 4 years.

Cat A - Engineers & WOs (Charge Chiefs) - Supervisors
    Cat B - Chiefs (RPO/MCDO/MEAOW) - operate and maintain reactor, run the engine room
    Cat C - Electrical Panel Operators, ULWK - Cat B's bitches
    Cat D - Throttle Jockey/LLWK
    Double Qualification - Qualified in both EL & ML Cat B positions. The EL bit is hard, but the ML bit is just about eating enough bananas & evolving enough to operate a couple of valves :lol: