casualty

out of intrest do those marines who get shot mostly end up back on civvy street or are they able to join the corps once recovered?

wet_blobby

War Hero
Depends on the injury. If you make a full recovery then your back in business, if it is only partial the corps will probably look after you and find you another job that you are suited to.

A mate of mine lost his leg and very nearly his life, he recovered and went from a grav to a VM.

I was working with an ex Booty on friday who was shot in Belfast (75 I think) took him 2 years to recover, he did 3 more tours of NI.

pongoshaggy

Lantern Swinger
i m not a royal,i was blown up last year in ganners ,my unit are looking after me very well,i think all servicemen are treated very well,not like 20 yrs ago

pongoshaggy said:
i m not a royal,i was blown up last year in ganners ,my unit are looking after me very well,i think all servicemen are treated very well,not like 20 yrs ago
I was involved in a medivac of some troops recently and i have to say that i was impressed by the level of care the crabs and other medical staff gave the guys. On arrival at a known hospital they were immediately met by the O.C and made as comfortable as possible. The ward was also spotless which is a lesson that NHS wards should adopt if indeed they weren't running about after timewasters and knobbers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P History 10
winker88 Sports and Adventure Training 12
golden_rivet Current Affairs 4