Discussion in 'The Corps' started by frankieb, Jan 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. out of intrest do those marines who get shot mostly end up back on civvy street or are they able to join the corps once recovered?
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Depends on the injury. If you make a full recovery then your back in business, if it is only partial the corps will probably look after you and find you another job that you are suited to.

A mate of mine lost his leg and very nearly his life, he recovered and went from a grav to a VM.

I was working with an ex Booty on friday who was shot in Belfast (75 I think) took him 2 years to recover, he did 3 more tours of NI.
  3. Any one know how well guys working for PMC's get looked after if injured?
  4. i m not a royal,i was blown up last year in ganners ,my unit are looking after me very well,i think all servicemen are treated very well,not like 20 yrs ago
  5. I was involved in a medivac of some troops recently and i have to say that i was impressed by the level of care the crabs and other medical staff gave the guys. On arrival at a known hospital they were immediately met by the O.C and made as comfortable as possible. The ward was also spotless which is a lesson that NHS wards should adopt if indeed they weren't running about after timewasters and knobbers.
  6. Can everyone stop getting shot!!