Casting for new World War 3 drama looking for Military men. Can you help? - Uni-versa

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Uni-versalExtras, Jul 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I am writing to you from a company called Uni-versalEXTRAS Ltd, we place people & students as extras in TV and Film across the UK. Our company website is www.universalextras.co.uk.

New feature film from director Kevin Macdonald ( Last King of Scotland) about world war 3 breaking out.

The role: We are looking for males with Military experience to play soldiers

The Requirements:

You must be male
    You must have military experience ( Cadets, Army, RAF, TA etc)
    You must be a between 18yrs and 50yrs old
    You must have easy access to South Wales area

Filming Dates: Over the next coming weeks

Payment min: £90.00(payment follows Uni-versalEXTRAS terms & Conditions, payment will rise depending on what happens on the filming day)

Catering: This is provided throughout filming.

If you would like to take part in this amazing opportunity we will need you to email the following information to [email protected]:

Full Name:
    Height:
    Basic measurements (Chest, Waist, Inside Leg, Shoe, Collar, or dress, bra, waist, shoe etc):
    Military experience:
    A current head shot photo of yourself & body shot (digital head-shot please in front of a plain background i.e. a plain wall taken with a digital camera)
    By replying to this email you are confirming that you agree to Uni-versalExtras Terms and conditions which are stated on our website: Welcome to Uni-versalEXTRAS - Supplying TV and film extras for the UK & Ireland

Kind Regards
    Uni-versalEXTRAS Ltd
    Welcome to Uni-versalEXTRAS - Supplying TV and film extras for the UK & Ireland

2. Universal must have

Money,
    Free Bar
    Sense of humour!

3. "You must have military experience ( Cadets, Army, RAF, TA etc)"

Some superb research on who makes up the user base of this site there...

Why not let the Walts in? Save the cost of uniforms, hell they'd probably even pay for the warry cred.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Of course they may just have had the Booties in mind when posting, they were part of this site last time I looked. And regardless that they are part of RN it is not hard to make the 'army' connection, one would have thought.

5. I'd be with you Jimbo except I'm too long in the tooth.
    I was an extra in National Velvet which had loads filmed in Birmingham University years ago.
    We all got a state of the art (then) shell suit which at the time was high fashion, a **** off expensive pair of trainers, a running vest and shorts, our scran for three days (top notch) and an envelope with 60 squid in it thanks very much.
    My mate played an extra in the Lord of the Rings in NZ and has a spectacular suit of armour and sword. Thats because he was a Wafu when in the mob so was naturally as ugly as ****. He was one of them big orrible *******. They only computer generated them when there was millions of the bastards all at once, small scenes were extras.

6. They want bra size, this could be my sort of film

7. No mention of stockings though so I'm out.

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I assume it's being filmed in South Wales so they can shoot the battlefield and trenches scenes in downtown Newport to save on the post-production CGI budget..?

9. Girl I knew was a gripper in a massage parlour, when the punter had had his massage she gripped his knob and asked if he wanted "any extras" are we talking about the same thing.

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Dad?!?! :shock:

• Like Like x 2
  11. If they were re-making Zulu, Rummers would be in with a chance as the old git waving his spear up on the hill.

12. Yeah I know all the words to the songs.

13. "Don't throw, that bloody spear, at me" An opportunity for a classic line missed.

14. You just sing jibberish and end the verse with a deep 'arumba' for your role, you gigantic coon.

• Like Like x 2
  15. "The Requirements:

You must be male
    You must have military experience ( Cadets, Army, RAF, TA etc)
    You must be a between 18yrs and 50yrs old
    You must have easy access to South Wales area"

Ageist must be under 50? There should be a law against that?
    And they want a photo, well I am definitely out, they will go for all the ugly ones so as not to detract from the film stars?

16. Who has easy access to South Wales apart from the South Welsh,the place is like Brigadoon