Cash rewards for neighbours who rat on the crooks next door

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, May 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Cash rewards for neighbours who rat on the crooks next d

Very much like the Stasi / Nazis / Fascisti / Communist these days - there is a never ending scheme to extract money from the public, it is also now 'be fined if you don't recycle' and 'be fined if you take your rubbish to the tip to recycle' (they like to call it an excess recycling charge).

If anyone thought that dictatorship was confined to a certain central african country - I should think it should be reconsidered... !!

:x

2. Be like living on a married patch with a reggie. Except he'd rat on you for free.

3. Re: Cash rewards for neighbours who rat on the crooks next d

Whilst I am all for telling the Police about the muggers/nonces etc next door, phoning the "VATFRAUD DIRECT" line just smacks of Big Brother to me.
    I mean, this isn't about getting criminals off the streets at all, is it? Its about the Government getting Joe Public to do the job of Tax Inspectors/C&E.
    Won't make our streets any safer, and with all the stealth taxes introduced since those yobs got in, good luck to someone who knows someone that can get you some cheap fags etc as far as i'm concerned. Its not exactly everywhere is it !

4. Re: Cash rewards for neighbours who rat on the crooks next d

GOt to admit, the way I read it, its more about hitting the ah 'importers' of fags and booze, rather than hardened criminals, less make our streets safer more lets stop the exchequer getting ripped off.

And before you start yes I know when the exchequer gets ripped off everyone gets ripped off, but when its £45+ for 200 hundred fags from the shop or £25 from him down the street, what would you do????

5. Re: Cash rewards for neighbours who rat on the crooks next d

If this it, then they aren't much good at it - every weekend in Holloway & at the Angel they are there flogging the cancer sticks to all and sundry, and the police and customs may raid on occasions, but they are back the next week.

6. Re: Cash rewards for neighbours who rat on the crooks next d

Sorry to swerve off topic, but do you know the Angel well WM ?
    Its where i'm from you see, thats why I asked :)

7. Re: Cash rewards for neighbours who rat on the crooks next d

What price are they charging for fags :)

8. Re: Cash rewards for neighbours who rat on the crooks next d

I live off the Cally, and we usually end up there after the Oxford Steet shop and then a few pints in the Nag's Head.
    I'm a Man of Kent myself, but the OH is Smoke born and bred.

:)

9. Re: Cash rewards for neighbours who rat on the crooks next d

Cheaper than the shops - but I don't indulge myself.

:)

10. Re: Cash rewards for neighbours who rat on the crooks next d

Nice, I come from that big block of ugly looking flats (lately covered in scaffolding) just down City Road from the lights at the Angel (Well, between City and Goswell Roads) :)
    Small world.