Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars slowing for average cameras

slim

War Hero
UncleAlbert said:
I`ve just been done for jumping a red light…1.3 seconds…FFS… nevermind it was on a roundabout and I had white van man up my arrse and a load of stuff in the back which if I made an emergency stop I would have been wearing as a necklace…1.3 seconds FFS… that’s a blink that is …fcukin Nazis.

That’s better.

….

Surely you noticed that the light went AMBER before changing to RED.
An amber light on its own means STOP.

Nutty said:
Maxi_77 said:
slim said:
I believe in a speed limit to protect the workforce. However I also believe that while there is no workforce present then in this day and age the limit should be turned off. After all if the system is clever enough to read number plates and work out average speeds then surely someone must be clever enough to turn it off when it is mot required

In the UK our legioslation for such reduced speed limits does not allow part day or variable limits so at present they cannot change them according to the varying risk factor which as you suggest is stupid. The Scottish Executive has asked Westminster to change the law because quite surprisingly for a bunch of Nulabor numpties helped by some iliberals they have come to the same conclusion as you.

Peter

So how do they have enforcable varible speed limits on the Western Side of the M25 that can change minute to minute if the law does not allow this?

Nutty

Wholly different part of the legislation from that establishing temporary speed limits so I am told, there was a bit of a fluff up here when the Executive let slip they had asked Westminster to change this and had had a big zero as a reponce.

UncleAlbert said:
I`ve just been done for jumping a red light…1.3 seconds…FFS… nevermind it was on a roundabout and I had white van man up my arrse and a load of stuff in the back which if I made an emergency stop I would have been wearing as a necklace…1.3 seconds FFS… that’s a blink that is …fcukin Nazis.

That’s better.

….

Having seen a young girl nearly run down by some one jumping a red light yesterday, not top of my sympathy list

UncleAlbert said:
......1.3 seconds FFS… that’s a blink that is …fcukin Nazis.….

By my reckoning, if you were driving at 30 mph, you were about 20 yards short of the signal when it changed to red and I'd bet you gassed it to beat the change! Lucky you didn't have to be scraped up by one of our paramedic contributors, you bad lad.

Here in the Smoke, the red lights will catch all drivers breaking the red light, and they will be fined accordingly, even those who move out of the way for emergency vehicles.
However, it appears that these lights are very selective in this operation, because taxi drivers, bus drivers, and some cyclists are free to break this Highway Code rule of the road as and when they see fit.
Big Brother (otherwise known as 'Sweet Ole Uncle Ken') has so many cameras set up here, that you probably wouldn't be able to pass wind in future without being fined for pollution ....!! :wink:

Anchor_Faced_Jack said:
lamptramp63 said:
They are alsdo lane dependant so if you feel you were to fast at point 1 change lanes and slow down and your average speed will have droppedwhen passing point 2.

I don't think that that is strictly true - as one camera can cover more than one lane

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/SPECS.htm

I find sticking to the limit works for me :lol:

Edit:

Just found this:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...eeding+tickets...by+changing+lanes/article.do

Seems that it may be the law and ot the SPECS system that has the fault

Anyone want to try it??
One camera covers one lane,one gantry (4 cameras) can cover 4 lanes
If you read the quoted web pages it confirms this.
These cameras are normally deployed on A class trunk roads where there has been sufficient amount of accidents to meet the siting criteria.
From experiance with "vascar" which operates in the same manner but not lane dependant , a change of lane over the locus increases the distance by x amount of yards which increases the time taken to cover the distance between the fixed points thereby reducing the average speed.
Speed = Distance/Time

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Government takes historic step towards net-zero with end of sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2030 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS O2 launches UK's first driverless cars lab MoD News 0
fishhead Electric Cars. Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS Low-emission cars to help make UK diplomats “the greenest in the world” MoD News 0
slim Electric Cars Anyone Own One? Which is the best type to Buy? Current Affairs 21
MoD_RSS New investment to drive forward next generation of net zero planes and cars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government targets particulate matter and microplastic pollution from cars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Stamp of approval for dealerships trained to work with electric cars MoD News 0
R HMS Bulwark 1960 Chopper droping cars History 2
O RM Landing craft rescues stranded Calstock cars The Corps 0
nice!howmuch? women and parking cars Blue Jokes 0
sgtpepperband BBC News: "Electric cars will be eligible for subsidies" Motoring 4
Pitfirrane Good Cars in the snow? Motoring 50
Ja5on The lazy way to wash cars Diamond Lil's 1
N Foreign Cars and Drivers face on the spot fines. Current Affairs 36
M Wedding Cars Motoring 0
T Hydrogen Fuel Cells for domestic cars become more feasible Current Affairs 11
E Litter from cars Current Affairs 38
slim Untaxed and uninsured cars. An incentive? Diamond Lil's 8
chieftiff Company Cars ? Motoring 6
W Cars at Raleigh? Submariners 30
Shakey Man has sex with cars Diamond Lil's 9
brazenhussy If Bill Gates built cars.............................. The Gash Barge 1
P I CLAMP CARS Diamond Lil's 4
higthepig Smoking in cars. Diamond Lil's 20
T5igger Medical slowing me down Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R What is the average day of a Warfare Officer (submarines) whilst on patrol? Submariners 3
F Average Day in the CIS branch RFA 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO performing above the Civil Service Average on wellbeing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Higher than average fines netted for iIlegal fishing MoD News 0
slim Should the average white person apologise for Slavery? Diamond Lil's 26
W Intrigued - average navy wage vs RAF wage? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Tui Bird Average Length time spent in Dockyard Refit Submariners 4
S Average time at sea and time in boat Submariners 5
O Average of a Ship's Company? The Fleet 6
MerseyMan Average medical completion times. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R Average Age in the RFA? RFA 17
BoatyMcBoatFace How much of the world does the average RN sailor see? Travel & The Great Outdoors 114
S How long between PJFT and PRNC on average? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Not your average asthma question Health & Fitness 22
D AET - Average time before being deployed on a ship The Fleet Air Arm 3
S Average Working Day AET? The Fleet Air Arm 10
Q Average time for promotion in RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 20
T Average cadet age? RFA 6
Q Average age for BRNC entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Mongke's_Fist Not your average road trip Charity 106
M Average age of Officer Cadets Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
U Not Quite the Average Day….. Current Affairs 0
A Average waiting time to go for aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
B Average age of Recruits Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21