Cars at Raleigh?

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by willmuse, Oct 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. leaving in 3 weeks, I know you're not allowed to take a car with you for basic. But i'm staying on at Raleigh for my Submariner training. Will I be allowed to bring my car then? Thankssss
  2. Christ, I think so from what I remember. When I was a part III trainee we were allowed them. It gets covered in seagull shit though, so don't leave it loafing for more than a week.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Parking at Raleigh is an absolute nightmare to be honest. there's the worlds biggest carpark, but they use it for marching unfortunately.

You may be able to park on the old Fisgard site- "over the road" upon commencing submariner training, but it's dependent on spaces being available. Trainee submariners will be advised on availability when they join, however the staff answer, without the benefit of inside knowledge, is currently "no" unfortunately.

When exactly was that, as a matter of interest buddy?
  4. Staff answer, from the Raleigh Guard room no less, is that part III trainees are able to park cars across the road in Spickernell ( the old Fisgard site- well the part that hasn't been sold off to the council ).
    Watch out for seagull shit though.
  5. part 3 training? Aw, that sucks! I might as well cancel my insurence then! How long does it normally take to commence part 3?
  6. make sure you suspend rather than cancel your insurance, usually cheaper, as no start up costs.
  7. What is the figure per mile you get for running your car to and from home? i cant remember is it 21p or something
  8. What do you mean k800i?
  9. the RN gives you travel warrants to travel home for free on the train and if you have a car they give you money per mile to get home in your car
  10. oh thats pretty good actually! I was hoping they would give me the money back some how haha. So i'm not allowed to have it for part 2 training? How long does part 2 take?
  11. ZOMG!!! Are you serious?

How often is that?

Do you have so many uses or is it unlimited?
  12. 1999, and it was over the road.
  13. Ah, wonderful. You'll get 4 warrants per year under GYH(Early Doors). I like the idea of a CPOWTR being told that trainees get unlimited warrants...
  14. Ninja_Stoker

It seems the answer (via SBD & DwJPA) is indeed correct, providing there are spaces available when you start part 3 SM training. You will need to verify this beforehand, obviously.

As you're aware they are not allowed before then however.
  15. How long will I be on Part 2 for?
  16. How long will I be on Part 2 for?
  17. Ninja_Stoker

It varies:

Submariners FAQ

Your careers office should be able to give you a more accurate picture of the average timescales involved.

I'll move this to the submariners thread so as you get more accurate advice...
  18. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Good question well evaded

Q. How many British submarines have sunk?

The Royal Navy has never lost a nuclear submarine
  19. HAHAHA. I love how they've avoided that question.

It's like saying have you ever killed a man?

"I've never killed a women"
  20. what would you say an " average time" is for part 2? Only because i will have a rough idea how long I will be without my car thanks