Carrying over leave

Discussion in 'UPO' started by Jellicoe, Jan 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I feel like this is a question that's probably been asked before, but my searches didn't throw anything up.

How much leave (ILA) gets automatically carried over from the previous year?
  2. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

15 days automatically, thereafter if you have more you need to apply via CoC.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks, wave_dodger.
  4. Although watch the local rules. There have been times where the automatic carry over has been overridden, even for those with less than 15 days, and everyone had to apply to carry it over and justify why.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  5. wave_dodger

In the last round of BR updates and JPA amends this was all automated across all three Services. All local policies should have been ceased - so I am led to believe.

You just always need to double check and check again, because there is that final catchall - "its the SP responsibility to check"
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  6. It always has been automated but at one point a couple of years ago the whole RN was directed to zero balances and only reinstate where requested and justified. If you're saying that can't happen again then great but I'll believe it when I see it. Also BR updates don't affect all 3 services. BRs are just naval.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  7. wave_dodger

For pay and allowances I meant JSP your are entirely correct BRs for Naval Service.
  8. Just be careful that your bosses dont trawl through the your last year and decide to take random days off you for suspected afternoons off etc
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ooh. Like that idea.
    Nice one.:thumright:
    • Like Like x 1