Carrying over leave

I feel like this is a question that's probably been asked before, but my searches didn't throw anything up.

How much leave (ILA) gets automatically carried over from the previous year?

cjg375

Lantern Swinger
15 days automatically, thereafter if you have more you need to apply via CoC.
Although watch the local rules. There have been times where the automatic carry over has been overridden, even for those with less than 15 days, and everyone had to apply to carry it over and justify why.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Although watch the local rules. There have been times where the automatic carry over has been overridden, even for those with less than 15 days, and everyone had to apply to carry it over and justify why.

In the last round of BR updates and JPA amends this was all automated across all three Services. All local policies should have been ceased - so I am led to believe.

You just always need to double check and check again, because there is that final catchall - "its the SP responsibility to check"

Last edited:

cjg375

Lantern Swinger
In the last round of BR updates and JPA amends this was all automated across all three Services. All local policies should have been ceased - so I am led to believe.

You just always need to double check and check again, because there is that final catchall - "its the SP responsibility to check"
It always has been automated but at one point a couple of years ago the whole RN was directed to zero balances and only reinstate where requested and justified. If you're saying that can't happen again then great but I'll believe it when I see it. Also BR updates don't affect all 3 services. BRs are just naval.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
It always has been automated but at one point a couple of years ago the whole RN was directed to zero balances and only reinstate where requested and justified. If you're saying that can't happen again then great but I'll believe it when I see it. Also BR updates don't affect all 3 services. BRs are just naval.

For pay and allowances I meant JSP your are entirely correct BRs for Naval Service.