Carry on up the Khyber banned?

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by paybobsquarepants, Jul 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Does anyone know if there is an embargo on showing "Carry on up the Khyber"? They seem to have shown every other carry on film recently.

PBS

2. Just a thought.Given the on-going situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan connected by the Kyber Pass it could be viewed as not being very appropriate.

3. It was certainly on the box earlier this year as I watched it for '100th' time, always good for a laugh.

4. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Doesn't matter, I have it on DVD and VHS! :)

5. Fixed that for you, no charge.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's why I put it in inverted commas, you are a civvy now wits so you really should stop behaving like a 3 badge OD, there's no lads in the mess to try and impress with your witless banter now.

7. The Lavender Hill mob?

8. Can't beat an afternoon of 'Kind Hearts and Coronets'. Bloody brilliant!

• Like Like x 1
  9. "The Ladykillers" was on the other day, Peter Sellers, Herbert Lom and Alec Guiness..priceless.

10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Didn't they do a remake of this classic? Why can't these film twats leave well alone?

11. Hammer House of Horror ... Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Tits!

12. Madeline Smith. my fave Hammer babe

Attached Files:

13. "Plank and Moving House" honestly dont think we have the talent around to do anything similar

14. It's called the freedom of choice.

15. Well now, I remember him for his role in Tunes of Glory as Major Jock Sinclair but that might be a wee bit before your time laddie.^~

16. Did I mention that I liked Madeline Smith?

Attached Files:

17. You did Wrecker, and now I've seen the pictures so do I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So do I!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  19. :read2: The Titfield Thunderbolt. It always reminds me of the single line, pull down push back, steam train from Ross on Wye to Monmouth.:sad:

20. The Wrong Arm Of The Law.
    Bloody great.

Keep on with them photos though Wrecker.