CARRIER BASED WAFU's

THEONLYGASMAN

Midshipman
:evil: AS A LONG SUFFERING STOKER FROM THE REAL ARK ROYAL BACK IN THE 70's. IT NEVER CEASED TO AMAZE ME THAT THE AVERAGE WAFU SPENT MORE TIME IN BED THAN ANYBODY ELSE. MOST OF THEM HAVE REACHED DIZZY HEIGHTS OF "SENIOR RATESHIP" WITHOUT EVEN GOING TO SEA. NOT THAT I AM IN THE LEAST BIT DISGRUNTLED (SOD IT, YES I AM) WHY OH WHY DO THEY CALL THEMSELVES MATELOTS THERE IS MORE SIGNS OF SEA LEGS ON TRAINEES THAT CROSS THE TORPOINT FERRY. ANYWAY GOOD TIMES HAD BY ALL EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MANY YEARS AGO. 28 YEARS IN THE ANDREW AND STILL GETTING OUT TO SEA DIVING. MORE THAN CAN BE SAID FOR THE AVERAGE WAFU.

PompeySailor

Lantern Swinger
ALL THOSE ENGINES MADE YOU DEAF, SHIPMATE?

Turn down the Caps Lock key and stop shouting....... Personally, I think that Carriers should not be used as first sea drafts for anyone - far too cushy, give people the wrong impression of life at sea. You know you are pampered when your biggest problem is not getting a clear Sky signal at sea....

harryaitch

Lantern Swinger
THEONLYGASMAN said:
:evil: AS A LONG SUFFERING STOKER FROM THE REAL ARK ROYAL BACK IN THE 70's. IT NEVER CEASED TO AMAZE ME THAT THE AVERAGE WAFU SPENT MORE TIME IN BED THAN ANYBODY ELSE. MOST OF THEM HAVE REACHED DIZZY HEIGHTS OF "SENIOR RATESHIP" WITHOUT EVEN GOING TO SEA. NOT THAT I AM IN THE LEAST BIT DISGRUNTLED (SOD IT, YES I AM) WHY OH WHY DO THEY CALL THEMSELVES MATELOTS THERE IS MORE SIGNS OF SEA LEGS ON TRAINEES THAT CROSS THE TORPOINT FERRY. ANYWAY GOOD TIMES HAD BY ALL EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MANY YEARS AGO. 28 YEARS IN THE ANDREW AND STILL GETTING OUT TO SEA DIVING. MORE THAN CAN BE SAID FOR THE AVERAGE WAFU.

As a long suffering wafu on the real Ark Royal we had to spend more time in bed,cause coal shovellers like yoo were blowing so much crap out of the funnel we were getting poisened every time we went on the roof.you are aptly named gasman!Kind regards sir.

Tim(O)

I recommished on 809 on Ark. On rejoining for my final trip in '76 a young stoker tiff was having a go about WAFU's and the fact that they didn't do much sea time, so I put him in the picture.
The conversation went something like this.
"OK son, let's get this sorted, it's the first evening at sea of a long deployment. I was on Hermes 66-68, Bulwark 69-72, been on 809 on Ark Royal since 73 and it's now 76. Just how much more f***ing sea-time do you think I could fit in?....
He bought me a beer (Courage Sparkling) and never spoke of such things again!