Careers sailing/joining the bridge

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a career available to apply to sail the ships/join the bridge crew. This is something I’ve been interested in but the only role I’ve found similar to this is a Deck Officer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

As an officer - Join as a Warfare Officer they "do the driving" generally; if you want to stay on the navigation side then become a PWO(N) and advance, eventually to Fleet Navigator.

As a rating - Sea Spec now do all the bridge comms. You will doubtless be surprised that the PTI helms the ship more, or as much as anybody else.

If you could expand on your intent @Ninja_Stoker will be around shortly to assist better than I.

Seadog

War Hero
What sort of qualification does this give you? And can it be applied to civilian life (jobs cruise ship/cargo transport etc)
RN Sea Survival including some Fire Fighting is portable but to sail as a competent officer in a commercial vessel or RFA, a bit more is required.

MCA MSN1856 refers to a Memorandum of Understanding between the RN and MCA, the latter examine, regulate and licence civilian officers.

It's easier for engineers to make the transition but like Warfare officers, RN experience and qualifications qualify one to sit the MCA Merchant Navy examinations.

slim

War Hero
Any qualifications gained while serving in the R.N. will be useful to you in some way once you have finished your service time.
My mate was captain of the heads several times and the experience did him no harm at all!

Any qualifications gained while serving in the R.N. will be useful to you in some way once you have finished your service time.
My mate was captain of the heads several times and the experience did him no harm at all!
Were you his second in command or user maintainer?

Do the officers still have to have a bridge watch keeping certificate? (Or its like).
I remember quiet a few of my pilots on small ships keeping watches on the bridge. (Also had a couple who kept well away from all that nautical stuff) - other than alcohol)!!!!