Careers: Live Chat this Wednesday is with a Merlin Pilot

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Jan 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Careers: Live Chat this week is with a Merlin Pilot

:wink: Would be better if you could talk to an old and bold SAR AIRCREWMAN :wink: :wink:

2. Re: Careers: Live Chat this week is with a Merlin Pilot

I shall put your name forward for February's Live Chat then, Scouse!

3. Re: Careers: Live Chat this week is with a Merlin Pilot

4. Re: Careers: Live Chat this week is with a Merlin Pilot

Cheers Soleil! Exactly what i need! :D

5. Re: Careers: Live Chat this week is with a Merlin Pilot

ooh I can picture it now......

"I wanted to join as a steward but my second choice is Marine Pilot. If I want to serve drinks does the merlin have an interseat console to rest the tray on"

or

"I am signed up for SF direct entry, if I try for aircrew will the meth habit stop me from passing the medical and will being blind in one eye from a fight in strangeways affect my application"

I wonder how one gets boned off with this on the squadron. I can see the CO now "Look senior P, Ive got this signal to send someone to Pompey for a sh*t job, one night, no local and barely a travel warrant, has to be a good egg, poster boy stuff, current on type with our 4hrs a month, who have you got?", "Well theres Jenkins, sir, he loves chatrooms, is f*** all use here but loves pinging, winchex and dropping underslung loads on dartmoor. We use him for winch weight when the AEMs tell us to f** off."

6. Re: Careers: Live Chat this week is with a Merlin Pilot

If it's an ex crab Merlin then the drinks consul will be on the list to be removed, as will the hot drinks cabinet!!!

As the Sea King had its ash trays removed when introduced into service. (NSM1 for the 'King' I believe!)

7. He'll be slaughtered if the likes of Monty infilitrate!!!

8. Ooh, best not tell him about it then .....