Careers After The Marines?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Arran, Feb 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys i was wondeering what careers you guys have gone on to do atfer the marine/what you plan to do after etc...? Im trying to get soem ideas of things to do afterards along with the others, just trying to think ahead, still gotta get in first, haha...

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If you're thinking about leaving already, then you're not suitable for The Corps in the first place... :roll:

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

*cough* not what you'd expect........... :dwarf:

4. Arran,

Considering the sorry state of your post;

Quote:
    Hey guys i was wondeering what careers you guys have gone on to do atfer the marine/what you plan to do after etc...? Im trying to get soem ideas of things to do afterards along with the others, just trying to think ahead, still gotta get in first, haha...
    Unquote.

I would suggest learning to read and write first.

Dan

PS: Have you considered the thrill-paced world of the fast food service industry?

5. Ok exspy, if you would like it to be written to a better standard, here you are:

Hey guys i was wondering what careers you guys have gone on to do after the Royal Marines/what you plan to do after etc...? Im trying to get some ideas of things to do afterards along with the others I have currently, just trying to think ahead, still gotta get in first...

To sgtpepperband, It's not so much as thinking about wanting to leave, its planning ahead so I could possibly help better myself towards that along the path in the marines. I was trying to get some information from people as I was assuming it would be usefull to me and possibly others in the same situation.

PS: No I have not considered the thrill paced world of fast food, if I wanted to stick some meat between two buns and fill it with special sauce and then smile at the satisfaction of receiving money for the transaction that took place, I'd go to your mums house.

6. sgtpepperband

Looks like you've answered your own question. Bye Walt! :threaten: :yawn:

7. Well I was hoping to get some answers to be honest as Im curious, nothing more...

8. nowt wrong with having options available to your self if things go tits up in the corp, such as injury !

9. Delivered in best Al Murray voice:
    "I was never confused." :eek:mg:

Live for the moment mate, let tomorrow take care of its self. Que Sera, Sera and all that.

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

EX Booties do everything mate, life is what you make it. You'll find ex booties in every walk of life. What do you want to do? you want to join the Corps but what do you see yourself doing? 22 years? 10 years? 3 years?

The longer you spend in the Corps/military I would say influences what you do when you leave, you'll have more skills, perhaps more personal responsabilities, learnt more about yourself or dropped yourself in the sh1te through throwing your d1ck about.

Stop planning everything in detail and go out and grasp life by the scruff of its neck.

11. I've driven Tube trains on the London Underground, qualified as a baker and now work in a Library, three very different jobs.
    I came out of the Corps with no skills, apart from skirmishing and liking for a beer or three.
    NZB

12. Arran, Good drills to be thinking a head, I dont know your age, but if i was you i would do three years in RM then go to Uni and study as a mature student. I was RM then Pongo...I studied Civil Engineering and then got my law degree. my spelling and punctuation is still not brilliant.

I work in Dubai heading some of the largest construction projects in the world. life is what you make it mate good luck.

13. I left the corps in 82 worked as a scaffolder ever since...could do with an easier job now

14. sgtpepperband

OMG! 8O

And not even a Sunday off?! :?

15. I'm not in the military, just up front, but to go along with what all these fine gentlemen have said, don't forget, it's a lot easier to get a collage/university education now too, what with distence education, or what ever, really no one who's half way smart should be without skills of use these Days....it's what you make of it that'll matter.

16. Hmm I see what you guys are saying, ive already been to college and picked up a diploma in sport development and fitness which is a coaching type course, so I guess going into personal training is a possibility after but I was more turning towards a trade such as a Plasterer/Electritian, ive been applying for Electritians for sept as a backup incase i get rejected for whatever reason. Dunno if it would be a good idea to do that first or not but id rather go into the corps than do that for 3 years. If I did that I guess I could always do Marines Reserve if thats possible then try and go into it full time after the apprentiship is done...

By the way that bodyguarding course looks interesting, I had a look into it before and heard theres a few courses you can do to become a bodyguard, with/without being armed guard. Other careers I looked into afterwards were FireFighter, Armed Police, bodyguarding, Some type of adventure training instructor etc. Ive always liked the idea of being a firefighter but like the police/armed police it is hard to get into these days :(

17. I think you should join the RAF Regiment or the SAS.

18. Big 3.jr or the Boat Shed, hmmmm so many choices, so little time.
    NZB

19. Same thing aren't they? :glasses5: